Other people's kids! Aaaagh!

Quote:
who cares about being politically correct???
besides, she said her husband said yes to the child coming, not her. i would be on here griping too! i hate my neighbors kids, they are the most ill mannered brats on earth so i can relate.

Y'all smell something!
wink.png

Quote:
That is one of my favorite lines and I use it a lot at school.
smile.png

I loved your post, Horsejody, and I think it's excellent advice.

Actually, there is a lot of great advice all around in this thread.

Personally, I'd just set out a few healthy snacks and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with someone who won't eat junk. I won't let our son eat that kind of thing either. Granted, he's a year and a half, but still, I would love a kid that grew up not wanting junk food. Besides, look at it this way, the less of the nummy stuff that she eats, the more for everyone else.

This is the same reason friends of mine parents and my parents included only threw one large overnight party then dropped the number to one or two kids that the parents liked or could deal with if at all afterwords.

Some parents have a laundry list of dos and donts with kids, plus the kids dont know how to act in social situation without thier parents around. So they freaking go ballistic behavioral wise.

I remember at one sleepover for a friends birthday one kid was a total pain to everyone there even the parents hosting. He complained that his hamburger wasnt like his dads, that he didnt want to sleep on the floor but in a bed, that the movies that we all had voted for beforehand were movies his parents said he wasnt allowed to watch. The big thing that got him picked on and basically excommunicated from all the boys at school for the rest of the year was that he repeated threaten to call his parents to come pick him up if he didnt get his way. For a bunch of sixth grade boys that was like him bringing a strawberry shortcake sleeping bag.

I think its awesome that a kid is being raised on healthy food and doesnt want/like junk, but she can still be polite enough not to make demands when she is coming to the party. Her parents MUST know that a BIRTHDAY PARTY means JUNK FOOD, thats part of why its a party cause no one gives thier kids junk food 24/7, so we have it at parties cause its fun. I wouldnt be very inclied to do much other than carrots and celery for someone making demands at MY party...

I love a kid who eats well too, but don't have the parent tell me that she can eat whatever we have and then have the child tell me she can't eat that stuff and lecture me about how unhealthy it is. It is not my obligation to provide food that some one will eat if I am not informed before hand of what that is.

The problem here is the parents who say she has no allergies and can eat whatever, but forget to say she has no manners and will criticize everything you do for her. Parents who will drop a child off for 24 hours at a house they have never even seen with parents they have spoken to maybe three or four times.
roll.png

I decided a long time ago that MEAN PEOPLE ARE OPTIONAL. Truth be told I don't like this kid, yeah I'll say it on a public forum because it would be rude to say it to her face or her parent's face. And it is my problem that I don't like her. I am doing this as a gift to my child. I think my daughter has something to learn about friends like this - I call them frienemies - but it is something she has to learn. I can only save her by telling her things so many times, some lessons she will need to experience.

I always have food options. There will be plenty of fruits and veggies available.

I vent here because I can. But, mean people are optional here, too. I just delete em.
wink.png

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I love a kid who eats well too, but don't have the parent tell me that she can eat whatever we have and then have the child tell me she can't eat that stuff and lecture me about how unhealthy it is. It is not my obligation to provide food that some one will eat if I am not informed before hand of what that is.

The problem here is the parents who say she has no allergies and can eat whatever, but forget to say she has no manners and will criticize everything you do for her. Parents who will drop a child off for 24 hours at a house they have never even seen with parents they have spoken to maybe three or four times.
roll.png

I decided a long time ago that MEAN PEOPLE ARE OPTIONAL. Truth be told I don't like this kid, yeah I'll say it on a public forum because it would be rude to say it to her face or her parent's face. And it is my problem that I don't like her. I am doing this as a gift to my child. I think my daughter has something to learn about friends like this - I call them frienemies - but it is something she has to learn. I can only save her by telling her things so many times, some lessons she will need to experience.

I always have food options. There will be plenty of fruits and veggies available.

I vent here because I can. But, mean people are optional here, too. I just delete em.
wink.png

Go ahead and vent. If you can't vent on here among friends, where can you? My kids are grown, but this thread has brought back some bad memories of some of their brattier "friends."​

Back
Top Bottom