Other Pets & Livestock Database

Quote:
She is cute, isn't she
lol.png

haha thanks
wink.png

Name: guinea pig
Experience Needed:sort of! But beginner pets, but do research, because many start out small , cute and fluffy and when they get older, are no longer wanted! A run outside for fresh grass, or a large hutch or cage.
Origin: South America
Life span: 4-8 years, depending if you bought from a good breeder!
Diet: Guinea pig food, fresh vegetables and fruit and hay
Temperament: guinea pigs prefer to do their own thing, but if you hold them regulary then they should be a bit more tame! But they do not really like to be handled for too long.
Colors: many
Environment: hutch or indoor rabbit/guinea pig cage, run outside, when weather is nice!
smile.png

Family: great family pets

Additional Notes: Need to be cleaned out weekly, feed and given fresh water daily. Fun to watch. Males can be slightly aggressive to eachother, with me, I had three male guinea pigs that all got along, till they reached maturity and fought with eachother! Now one lives alone and is in need for a partner! They are great to watch when they talk and do guinea pig things!
tongue.png
. .......Picture to be uploaded.....

Name: Miniature Horse
Experience Needed: general knoweldge on horses. miniatures still need feet trimmed every 8 weeks and wormed regularly. must look past the cutness and remember that they are still a horse, and need to learn at minimum basic ground manners
Origin: USA
Life span: 20-50 years
Diet:good quality hay. and some grain if being worked
Temperament:a mini should have a good temperment, but if not handled and socialized right can end up being kind of cranky. they are willing to do just about anything, including pulling a cart, in hand jumping and being your best friend!
Environment: as long as they have shelter and room to run minis are very happy
smile.png

Family: great for kids and adults alike!

Additional Notes
*miniature horses are not to be bred by the inexperianced!!* if not the correct conformation, as with any animal, you can lose the mare or the foal or both. if you are wanting to breed miniatures, seek a mentor so you can help during foaling time and witness several foalings. loosing a foal or mare or both is very devestating. so breeding should not be taken lightly.
miniatures are great fun but a person new in minis must be very careful not to buy a dwarf miniature. they are prone to severe probelems and can be very costly. minis come in every shape size and color. please do not buy from a Back yard breeder! buy a mini that is bound to be healthy, buy from breeders if you can!

shapingforshow042.jpg

lacyandher2009colt-1.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Goats all breeds
Experience Needed: need to know how to make a fence they LOVE to escape!
Origin: all over
Life span:6-10years
Diet: good hay
Temperament: most goats are friendly looking for the next treat
Environment:a good size area for a run, and a shed pretty much does it
Additional Notes: goats are amazing, their babies are adorable and 99% of people can raise them! need worming regularly, and feet trimmed. they are escape artists. goats should not be bred till they are near a year of age. and gestation is approx145-155days.
their milk is highly digestable and very yummy! can make cheese, butter and soaps
Trouble418022.jpg

triplets2wks012.jpg

triplets2wks029.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Goats can breed earlier than yearling age. Does can be bred as early as 4 months of age, which is why the genders should be seperated so that does do not get bred too early. Breeding too early can stunt a does growth, and risks both the does life and the life of her kids. Does bred too early can have major issues birthing because they are not big enough to pass a kid.

Good information otherwise though and the goats you have pictured are very nice.

Quote:
Goats can breed earlier than yearling age. Does can be bred as early as 4 months of age, which is why the genders should be seperated so that does do not get bred too early. Breeding too early can stunt a does growth, and risks both the does life and the life of her kids. Does bred too early can have major issues birthing because they are not big enough to pass a kid.

Good information otherwise though and the goats you have pictured are very nice.

oops. i ment to put they should not be bred untill a year of age LOL ill fix it ! thanks for pointing that out
smile.png

Name: Bull Terrier
allegr7.jpg

Experience Needed: NOT for the average dog owner! meet and work with a few BEFORE buying one! i personally suggest not only doing tons of research on training but also dog behavior.

Origin: the breed was created by John Hinks in England around 1860
Bull-Terrier-muzzle-Bull-Terrier.jpg]

Life span: 12-15 years

Diet: Raw or a BARF diet as most Bull terriers suffer from some type of skin allergy some are mild while others are very severe so these dogs NEED a GOOD diet sometiems even the best types of kibble can cause severe skin inflamation including dry,itchy rough patches,lumps and bumps,hair loss,self mutilation ect. its most commonly seen infecting areas around the feet,throat,eyes, and inner thighs but can affect anywhere on the body.
skin%20probs%20032.jpg

Temperament: active,athletic,silly,goofy,people loving,happy go lucky, stubborn,independent thinking but clingy toward its owners

Colors: most common color is white or white with patches of color.brindle,red/white tri color,fawn,black.white.
english%20bull%20terrier1.jpg

Environment: does best in a house with a fenced in backyard but will do well in apartment if given enough excersize.

Family: makes excellent family pets for the right family not so good with smaller/younger or shy children as they need consitant rules that young and or shy children sometimes cannot give. also they are very muscular dogs and clumsy dogs as well who donot always know the meaning of personal space and can accedentally knock a child down.
1289312844_136460608_1-Pictures-of--BULL-TERRIER-PUPPIES-FOR-SALE-1289312844.jpg

Additional Notes:
Bull terriers are NOT for the faint of heart dog owner!! these dogs are a serious comitment! taking them to a puppy class the first 6 months of there lives and done is NOT going to cut it for this breed! they always need a consistant owner who is firm but gentle and VERY VERY patient!

these dogs jsut LOVE people so if you have a full time job and think a Bull terrier can be left alone in a crate for 8 hours a day your very very wrong! they NEED contact with people even if you got 2 you wouldnt end up with 2 contented dogs youd end up with 2 very distructive unhappy dogs Bull Terriers are companion dogs not guard dogs to be tied up out in the yard or crated all day they wont take it.

dispite there roly poly appreance these dogs are athletes and need both physical and mental stimulation everyday! my 1 year old boy Cesar is a low level energy bull terrier and he still needs atleast 2 hours of high energy running,jumping,chaseing excersize or hes a neusence into everything chewing everything not listening ect.
Mini-Bull-Terrier-Tethers-E.jpg

Bull terriers are very VERY stubborn they are not happy to please you unless they get somthing in return and it has to be somthing really good or they wont do it.
take my boy for example if i were to ask him to sit 3 times in a row and did not give him a treat either of those times he sat and i asked him a fourth time he would ignore me and walk away.
and this breed learns fast i mean super fast lets say youve been working with your BT not to jump up on people for years youve never ever allowed it then all of a sudden one day someone comes over and encourages it and you think "well ok jsut this once wont hurt" then all of a sudden its as if your dog has suddenly become mentally challenged and stares blankly at you when you ask them to not jump up on people and for the next 3 months your basically re-training them to not jump up.
this is also the case with bad and very bad behaviors. lets say you have 2 dogs a BT and a golden retriever you give both dogs a nice peice of meat the BT meat is gone so he tries to take the goldens meat away his attempt is to curl his lips the golden gives in and steps back suddenly your BT is curling his lip at everyone "testing" to see who this works on and who it doesnt if you step back becuase its startled you its suddenly a learned behvior.
this is why it is SO important to be consitant with this breed!
Picture188.jpg

i really suggest learning a bit about dog behvior and observe it for yourself before getting one of these dogs becuase Bully breeds in general tend to get themselves into trouble just by the way they appraoch dogs not all of them mind you but a good majority of them they were not bred to use there nose so while most dogs appraoch other dogs by sniffing alot of Bully breed dogs appraoch very intensly with an intense gaze which can sometiems make other dogs feel uncomfortable. Bull terriers themselves are also quite pushy and clumsy and donot seem to know what personal space is not with people or other dogs and you need to be able to see if that behavior might cause a fight you need to be able to read that in your and other dogs.

Bull Terriers are goofy,lovable dogs they jsut love to be loved on and are very heavy lap dogs who just enjoy sitting and stareing into your eyes they want to litterly be "in your face" litterly they are not satisfied sitting happily on the floor at your feet to be petted oh no they will mash there faces into yours and keep on mashing
Picture598.jpg
owning one of these dogs youll NEVER again get any privacy they follow you everywhere and not jsut behind you but they walk on your heels almost as though being glued to your leg litterly they mash there bodies against yours and donot have any intention of moving away that is unless someone is offering food. and despite there small/medium size they are FREAKISHLY STRONG!! and i eman freakishly!! even a huge well muscled guy is going to have a hard time keeping a Bull terrier from knocking him off his feet! so very early on you MUST train them to walk on a loose lead becuase they are high pain tolerance and a prong collar is going to do very very little to stop them from pulling.
they best method ive found for training a BT puppy to walk on lead is every time they begin to pull you stop walking and wait for them to sit down and give you eye contact then take a few steps once they pull again stop walking expect it to take you an hour to get around the block though but it works!

you MUST begin training the first day your puppy enters the house they must learn to respect your personal space,must learn to have a good feeding regamin do not encourage excitment around food r toys or your puppy may try to take a nip at you for control over those things once they begin reaching sexual maturity. these dogs are oppertunistic and will always try to push you in one way or another to see how far they can get away with andthey will never stop not when they are 4 or 8 or 15 years old.

never ever allow a BT to mouth or nip or chew you or your clothing these dogs were bred to be "bull fighers" they would be pitted in a arena with a bull and have to take it down they would do this by grabbing hold of the bulls face and not letting go no matter if that bull was swinging them around full force they hang on once they have somthing.

another thing that must be said is NEVER bring a BT into your home with other pets or small dogs unless you are experienced these dogs DO have high prey drives they ARE terriers. My own boy Cesar was taught by me early on that the cats and other small pets and my sisters toy poodle were things to be respected took me alot of training every single day but he is now perfectly fine around them never expect your BT to "be freinds" with your cat,small dog,rabbit,chickens ect this is too much of an expectation am i saying its not possable not at all in rare cases but its deff NOT the norm all you should be expecting is the BT ignores the other animals thats it. my boy cesar with my rats
Picture247-1.jpg

Cesar playing with my sisters toy poodle
cesarkirastick.jpg

if you would like more information about Bull Terriers or are looking for a breeder
go to www.BTCA.com

Last edited:
Great profile xchairity_casex
thumbsup.gif
. I love bull terriers
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom