1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our 1st Lavender Orpington egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bobbieschicks, Mar 4, 2012.

1. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Hurray! [​IMG]

One of our 20 week old Lavender Orpington pullets was climbing out of the nest box this morning when I went to get my White Leghorn's one daily egg (two layers & one just hatched chicks so she's not laying yet). I was worried that she was in there messing around with Snow White's egg. Then I saw it - the cutest little brown pullet egg!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    [​IMG] I got my first Lav Orp pullet egg Jan 2, 2012. I hatched the pair and now have hatched one of the babies! So cute!!!!!
    And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ayda

3. curranchickens

curranchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Fredericskburg, VA
    I am so jealous! I live in Fredericksburg and have 7 lavender orpingtons (hinkjc line) that are right at 40 weeks old! I just got my first two eggs yesterday and another two eggs today. It was such a long wait! I have never been so happy about eggs in my life. But... I thought that they looked very light in color... Now seeing yours... I really think that they are light in color...

[​IMG]

4. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG] Congradulations!

Your EE hatched her chicks?

5. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    My EE's eggs didn't make it, so I let her hatch out some Welsummer and Ameraucana chicks - we ended up with 2 Wellies and 1 AM. She's happy to be a momma.

6. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Welcome and congrats on the eggs! It could be that mine just appears to be darker due to lighting/iphone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by