Our 3 week old chicks! pics

evhammond1200

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
Canaan, NH
54422_americana_2.jpg

Our one Americauna(EE) that made it we love her patterning! we started with two and lost one of them
54422_americana.jpg

Another pic of the Americauna(EE) in my hand
54422_brock.jpg

One of our Barred Rocks
54422_commet.jpg

One of our Golden Comets
54422_slwandott.jpg

One of the silver laced wdots
54422_buff_orp.jpg

one of the buff orps
54422_group.jpg

7 of the group of 11 chicks we have

The Buff Orpington does not lok like a Buff Orpington to me. It looks like another Gold Comet. A Buff Orpington should not be this dark of a color and should be more evenly colored.

I also HAD a Barred Rock (it died), and right now have two Buff Orpingtons in the same "flock" (only five chickens) as a Silver laced Wyandotte. The buffs look a lot different than yours. We have also had two other Buff Orpingtons (now dead) that looked different than yours does.

Goldfinch and Buttercup, buff orpingtons
13494_chicken_pictures_014.jpg

Salve, buff orpington, and Geese, gold link
13494_salve_geese_jr.jpg

Silverwings, silver laced wyandotte
13494_chicken_pictures_001.jpg

silver laced wyandotte, buff orpingtons and black astralorps (Cypher and Fluffy) sleeping
13494_chicken_pictures_003.jpg

Buttercup
13494_chicken_pictures_009.jpg

Buttercup or Goldfinch
13494_chicken_pictures_025.jpg

Quote:
yeah we are not completly sure if it is or not we got three golden comets and three buff orps we have three that are dark and three light so we assume the lighter ones are the comets?? well that is unless the feed store gave us the wrong ones??

Quote:
yeah they are huge just three weeks ago they were little puff balls! Im taking pics each week! to see the changes! One of the Barred Rocks is already putting herself in charge the other ten follow her lead and she is less afraid of new things than the others!! Its fun to watch:)

cute chicks evhammond. It helps to see posts of other young ones, I have a handful that we are trying to target what they are, and having comparisons is good.
Gryeyes, what type of chicken is the black and white one in 2nd pic? Cant see a whole lot, but what I see shows a good looking chicken.

Back
Top Bottom