Nonny

Songster
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
91980_p1070864.jpg

And that's after this tiny one the other week:

91980_p1070786.jpg

My Word! What's with these giant eggs appearing on BYC in the last two days? These gals are earning keep!

I've got a couple of girls laying some pretty gigantic eggs these past few weeks too. Not sure which ones are laying them tho' as I haven't caught them at it yet. I have some XL egg cartons people have given me and the egg cartons won't close when these eggs are in them! Crazy...

I had to weight some eggs today. The largest one I weighed was 90.7 grams. I agree with you...I bet that hurt!

I'm getting some huge ones at the moment too. quite strange.. they make all the other ones in the basket look small! I seem to get a wrinkly shell if one of my girls does a great big one.. anyone else have that problem? - its hard, just looks wrinkled in places.

Holy Moses! We have had two double yolkers, but we don't have a scale. Give that girl an extra treat!!!

It's a double yolker! Our very first one! The yolk at the bottom of the pic is from a normal egg for comparison, and the other two yolks came out of the huge one.

I wish I knew which girl laid it - but they're all getting extra treats today.

91980_p1070866.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom