Our accidental guinea chicken hybrid

scottishsong

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015
Just wanted to share some photos of this little guy. Our guineas roost with our chickens and little Corvin happened. I think he's pretty cute

Last edited:
Pretty neat! Keep us posted with updates so we can see progress, pretty please?

I wouldn't mind breeding them if I could get something like this guy!

Came from this link..
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Guineas/BRKGuinHybrid.html

Last edited:
Looks to have the body shape of a Guinea, especially with that downward lobster tail. He even has the tiny wattles. Did he come from a Guinea egg? Super cute! Can't wait to see what he looks like grown. Most Guinea chicken hybrids get the bald head.

Well, I didn't know it was a guinea egg. I was collecting eggs to put in the incubator, egg turner and found some on the ground outside. I thought it was unusual but put them in the incubator with the others. My chickens and rooster are rhode island reds but two black chicks hatched, only one survived though. This is our first year with guineas and I didn't even realize this was possible. So far his feathers are coming in nicely everywhere but his head and neck, which still has fuzz. It looks to be thinning but I still don't know what is going to happen at this point. I've looked up so many photos for the hybrids and they all seem so different.

Back
Top Bottom