Our BR roo chose the rotisserie for himself!(pic, not graphic)

I had bought a black cochin roo for a roast...and now he broods my chicks!

He crows his heart out all morning long...and if you look closer, you see little feathery heads poking out from everywhere underneath him.
He saves me so much work and electricity by BROODING my chicks FOR me...not to mention being cute...I don't think I could eat him now!!!

Since when do roos go broody?!?!?

Anyone else have this go on?
Just a thought, lemme know!

OMG--that's hilarious---you gotta keep him--He's a superstar!!
lol.png

Quote:
Whaaaaaa?
hu.gif
How cool is that! I have a Muscovy drake who will sit on his girlfriends eggs when she gets up to eat. I thought that was weird.
I haven't thought of a name for the roo yet but he might get to stay, maybe? I hate when the hatcheries send extra cute packing peanuts.

No name for my roo yet, but I am considering "Fluffy"...he IS a cochin.

I'm going to post a pic whenever I can figure out the daggum pic posting thing.
he.gif
barnie.gif

I have pics of him, black shingy green feathers, bright red wattle/comb, very handsome and obvious-looking roo

....with his wings all held out and squatty , the way hens do when they have the chicks undernerneath, little white heads poking out from his chest and wings.
hu.gif

At least thye are well-guarded! lol.

Quote:
Oh yes we must have pictures of a rooster guarding his peeps
lau.gif

I went out to the shed last night to get some ice cream out of our extra freezer and guess who was out there again. Yup our special little roo, he's a character. I stayed and shared a piece of cheese with him then put him back in his coop.

tongue.png

I have a lot of chickens, myself.

13 stew-meat roosters, various stages of life and breeds

40-ish pure bred pullets (cubalayas, fayoumi, andalusian, partridge and gl cochin, dark/buff brahma)

13 layers (ee and barred plymouth rock)

20 something cochin bantams, varying life stages

23 ducks, misc pure-bred

and Fluffy.

Very few have names. Only the ones who give me reasons to name them by the way they assert thier noticeability.

Same with the ducks, and stray cats, etc.

If you know it's him 90% of the time, it could be interesting.
he seems to like putting himself in jail!

Quote:
We quit naming them after about 40, I think
hmm.png
We're trying to get back down to 50 chickens so we just butchered about 30 roosters and ducks last week.
I'm 100% sure it's him always. He's the only BR roo we have
lol.png

I have a few too many ducks that I should be cooking since it got cold today....but they are just so dadgum adorable and funny ....

wish I could find someon to dispatch them for me, I am sure they taste great.

idunno.gif

I gotta do something, though.

Back
Top Bottom