Our brand new hen house!

Granolamom

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Dallas
We recently decided to expand our original flock of 4, but needed a bigger coop for them to sleep in, first (during the day, our chickens are free-ranging in our fenced yard). A wonderful man named Jeff built us the perfect hen house, and the day after we went and picked up 5 more hens. The house will be painted shortly, but we wanted to go ahead and put a picture on the forum already, to let you all see our great new coop. It has 4 really nice nesting boxes inside, and 2 roosts for them to sleep on. Our kids love the house, because they can go in it (the old coop was a converted rabbit hutch...). We'll be more than happy to provide Jeff's contact info, if anyone is interested.[i
15560_new_chicken_coop_and_chicklets_sept_08_003.jpg
mg][/img]

We don't know what color to paint it, yet. Any input, anyone? Our home is grey siding, with dark blue shutters and doors, so we thought maybe blue, or barn-red, but we're definitely open for suggestions and will post pic's as soon as it's done.

I love barn red too!
thumbsup.gif
That is a great coop. Let the kids have fun with the paint and add their own special touches. Our girls put their hand prints on our coop in a multicolor non-toxic paint and after it dried, we went over it with a shelac (sp?) to protect it from the weather. I thought it was cute and they enjoyed the experience. Have fun!

Jody

Back
Top Bottom