Our chick brooder "expansion" project

ydkjenn

Songster
6 Years
Dec 27, 2013
So, our 6 chicks are quickly outgrowing the plastic tub we had them in so today my kids designed an 'expansion'. Here's the results. We put the food in one end and the water in the other. (Should this be in the brooders page instead?)

Last edited:
As this expansion was already two weeks ago, the chicks are quickly outgrowing this space too. The weather outside is being uncooperative, as in wind chills cold enough to warn not to leave the house unless necessary, for days at a time. I was expecting to get outside and work on converting one part of an old tool shed to a chicken coop. It already has electrical hookup so wouldn't be hard to run a heater, etc. there. However, that's not going to happen any time soon.
I need ideas of how to expand indoors even more .

It is awesome, but it's being outgrown already. Any ideas how to expand (again) since the weather's not cooperating?

Well, other then making your own? Possibly even doing cardboard?? Like get some to do at the bottom, and then get some and open it and and building it up? I know they sell larger tubs but with having two its about the size of one, so not sure it will have the space your looking for
hu.gif
Hmm...

I was think the cardboard something like this... http://hencam.com/static/uploads/2013/03/brooder.jpg

I got a free "watermelon box" from the grocery store, they are 4 weeks now and I only have 3 chicks, and its just right for now.. they grow so fast. the box can fold up, it was easy to stuff in the car.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom