Our Chicken Coop!!!

Rimdozer

In the Brooder
May 11, 2016
Hi my name is Mike, im new to Backyard Chickens and would like to share our chicken coop plans, videos and pictures with everyone. Below is a link to our short video of our chicken coop. I built the 3D plans using a free program called Google Sketchup and built the entire coop according to the plans with only a few changes to my original design. I would like to know which section of BYC forums I can post more photos and links to download the plans I've made so other people can use it and have as much fun building this coop as we did. I hope you enjoy the video please comment as I would really like some feedback. This is our first time having chickens so any feedback is welcome, good or bad.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. You may wish to share the video on the "coops and runs" forum for the best feedback.

Best wishes

CT

LOVE - LOVE - LOVE your video and soundtrack - Best one I have ever seen.
thumbsup.gif
Your kids really pitched in and did a lot of work
clap.gif

The only suggestion I would make, is to use 1/2" hardware cloth instead of chicken wire. It costs more, lasts much longer, and if it is securely attached to frame will keep out most predators. Chicken wire only keeps chickens IN, does nothing to keep predators OUT.

Thank you for the warm welcome and feedback. @drumstick diva I learned about the hardware cloth only after I had put the chicken wire up. It's our first coop and I thought chicken wire was the right stuff to use lol. But thank you and I will more then likely switch over to the hardware cloth before winter hits. @CTKen I will re-post this in the coops and runs section for more feedback and thanks for watching my video we are very pleased and proud of our chicken coop and the chickens seem very very happy in there.

Back
Top Bottom