Our Chicken Tractor! Updated w/pics of new residents!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TerriLaChicks, Jun 19, 2008.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    With everlasting gratitude and thanks to all of the members of this forum who were so generous with their ideas and photos and specifications and answers to questions; and also thanks to my wonderful Dad & talented husband who built it,
    I am pleased to present our completed tractor!

The coop is approximately 4x5x6 and the run 6x12; measurements are slightly scant as we used salvaged lumber & had to trim a few ends off. The only things we bought were the hardware cloth and the roofing material.

[​IMG]

A closeup of the door entrance. My husband had this little sales sample of an urn and pediment (he's in building materials) so we spiffed it up a bit.
    O & I did the paint job. it was a fun 2 weekend project for all of us!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow beautiful ! nice paint job mine looks like some sorta wierd modern artist made it [​IMG] it has painted shoe prints from my cousin all over it. Your is beautiful good job building it your hens will be happy living there.

Henry

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    GREAT tractor!!! I love the paint job!

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a great chicken tractor! Really cute! It looks like a good functional design and well crafted, too. Nice wire. [​IMG]

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

That is amazing, great job!!!!

6. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    The new chicklets are enjoying their tractor so much! Of course, our cat Minou has to keep a close eye on them. Three will be staying here & the other three will be going to my coworker's farm to start another laying flock. We enjoy them so much & are looking forward to the eggs!
    plus I finally figured out how to post pics, yay!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by