Our Chicken Tractor! Updated w/pics of new residents!

TerriLaChicks

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Central Louisiana
With everlasting gratitude and thanks to all of the members of this forum who were so generous with their ideas and photos and specifications and answers to questions; and also thanks to my wonderful Dad & talented husband who built it,
I am pleased to present our completed tractor!

The coop is approximately 4x5x6 and the run 6x12; measurements are slightly scant as we used salvaged lumber & had to trim a few ends off. The only things we bought were the hardware cloth and the roofing material.

9393_chicktrac.jpg

A closeup of the door entrance. My husband had this little sales sample of an urn and pediment (he's in building materials) so we spiffed it up a bit.
O & I did the paint job. it was a fun 2 weekend project for all of us!

9393_chicktracdr.jpg

Last edited:
wow beautiful ! nice paint job mine looks like some sorta wierd modern artist made it
lol.png
it has painted shoe prints from my cousin all over it. Your is beautiful good job building it your hens will be happy living there.

Henry

The new chicklets are enjoying their tractor so much! Of course, our cat Minou has to keep a close eye on them. Three will be staying here & the other three will be going to my coworker's farm to start another laying flock. We enjoy them so much & are looking forward to the eggs!
plus I finally figured out how to post pics, yay!!!

9393_minou.jpg

Back
Top Bottom