Our Colorado Coop is finished! [New Pics on Pg 3]

Quote:
IF you have even ONE Rooster, Somebody will be happy to eat him. THEN, you'll have enough room in your coop!
gig.gif

BYW, my 2 yr old RIR hen lays 20 eggs/month, Spring, Summer, Fall. Now I have 7 pullets, set to start laying in September. When you factor in the wintertime laying-lull, that's STILL a lot of eggs!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give ANY of hens away!

Love the rustic coop AND your covered run. Makes me rethink covering mine. Thanks!
big_smile.png

It is so nice, I'm going to build one just like it for a neighbor lady and provide her with the chickens....I would rather be a gracious giver than a greedy taker....other than stealing your coop idea that is.
It look's as if you have done everthing needed for a safe, well built coop...I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I appreciate all the pic's too,

Alright - I'm getting closer to actually being 'finished', though I'm beginning to get the sense that there's no such thing as 'finished' when it comes to chicken coops
tongue.png
At least I finally got the flooring in and the nest boxes finished last Saturday.

Here are a few recent pics and my updated page

34118_july_2009_146.jpg

34118_july_2009_144.jpg

34118_july_2009_150.jpg

Can't wait 'til the girls need the nest boxes!

Last edited:
Quote:
Indeed - a chilly Fat Tire to enjoy as the day was winding down.
big_smile.png

I very much like your set up, Mike. It's a nice addition to your back yard.

PS - We discovered FT years ago while stranded for a week in Salida, CO in a broken down RV. Lucky for us, it was the weekend of a big kayaking festival, and the Tire was flowing from kegs along the river banks everywhere in town! Probably saved my marriage...

As of about 6 mo ago, I can now get Fat Tire here in MN - happy faces all around!

Wow, that's a nice coop Mike. Tiled floors and everything. The only thing I would have done differently is maybe put a sheet of plywood under the tin roof. You probably get some pretty good snows in the winter in CO. and the tin might bend some with the weight, but it might not. Great design though, love the easy acccess.

Back
Top Bottom