Our Coop (Pic heavy) *UPDATE* more pics in OP

Bearsfan

Songster
10 Years
Oct 21, 2009
Hannibal, MO
Here's our tractor. It's not completely done yet, still needs the corrugated roof panels and the trim, but it's livable! All of the lumber and the window is scrap/recycled wood. The window used to be in my in-laws front door. I just took it our of the frame and made my own. You can see places where I had to scab together pieces to make 2x4's. I also know that the run is way too small. I have a plan for that, I plan on finding a used dog run and attaching it to my 4x8 run. The girls are still only 8-9 weeks old so they still have a bit of growing to do. I figure I have another week or so to get the run settled. Here's a couple of pics!

IMG_8392.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8631.jpg

I love this picture of one of the BO's looking out the window. I'm glad I put it in!

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

Here's some more pics!!!!!!!

IMG_8659.jpg

IMG_8660.jpg

IMG_8661.jpg

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

smile.png

Last edited:
Awww...your chicks are so pretty! And your helper chick is pretty adorable too!
smile.png
You've done a nice job on your coop! That's pretty cool that you were able to do all of that with recycled materials. Yeah, windows are great, aren't they? My chickens argue over who gets the window seat...lol.

Nice coop.
Sorry... completely off the topic, where are you? I'm a Bears fan living in Vermont but originally from the home land. How bout them hawks?
Scott

Thanks for the compliments! I still have a ways to go though. It looks kind of sloppy around the corners and the window because we weren't careful with the caulk. (Knowing that trim is going to cover it up) I'm going to go get some snapshots of the inside in a little bit here.

Quote:
Da Bears indeed!
cool.png

I wish I could say that with more confidence right now though....... I wish we never got rid of Orton, and now Alex Brown too.
sad.png

Update in OP.
big_smile.png

In the last pic you can see that there is about an 8" drop to the ramp from the edge of the box inside. I'm going do go deep with the litter so I built the box up 9" on all sides except the one ledge they will be approaching the ramp from. I have only had one bird go down it on their own, the rest of them we have had to help down into the run. Does this look like too far of a drop? or will they get better at going down it? They all go up into the coop just fine, it's just down that seems to be a problem. What do you guys think?

ETA: Ramp question

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom