Our duck coop.

domromer

Songster
12 Years
May 11, 2007
Flagstaff,AZ
It's 90% done. Just gotta get a few more things...oh yeah and ducks!

TheCrack-1.jpg

Last edited:
I Love It! I have a dog box in my pen. When I first put the ducks outside I locked them in the dog house for two nights. ( Let them out during the day). Now they go in at night to sleep and if it is to windy.

Gives me peace of mind that they feel secure and use it.

What kind of ducks are you getting?

I like the looks of that!!! Just one question and Im curious how many/kind of ducks are you gonna have in there? And are you gonna have any water/swimming source in there for them?

I'm planning on 4 ducks. The pen is just so that they can go out at night, I plan on storing their water in the pen so they'll mess up the bedding less. Mostly they will free range in our main yard, or they have a 15x30 section that is also their own.

I plan on giving them a children's pool but that will be kept outside the pen where they will be most of the rime. The pen is made of 1/4 welders wire which is also buried 12" down. On top of that I'm going to line the outside of the pen with heavy rocks so it will be even more predator safe. The roof is on but I don't have a photo yet. It is corrugated galvanized steel.

The dirts here is extremely fine and powdery. I see it becoming a quagmire very fast. I'm thinking of getting round rivers stones for the inside of their pen. I'm not sure if thats a good idea. I imagine it will be a little hard to clean. But I think a muddy pen would be worse. The rivers stones can be hosed off at least.

Quote:
I think I'm going to get either campbells or golden 300's. I found a lady locally that raises chicks so I'll see what she has as well. Might totally change my mind when I get there!

Back
Top Bottom