Our English Orps

Status
Not open for further replies.

justuschickens59

VA Royal Blues
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Virginia
We imported some BBS hatching eggs from the UK a year or so ago (legally). We only had 2 eggs hatch, but were lucky enough to get a blue cockerel and a blue pullet. It took what seemed like FOREVER for Clementine to start laying and when she did, it took a while for her eggs to become fertile. So far, we have hatched four chicks that are 100% English. I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the parents, Winston and Clementine, and the four chicks (2 pullets and 2 cockerels), Hagrid, Griffon, Olympia and Octavia.

Hagrid is 5 weeks old. Griffon is 3 weeks old. Oympia and Octavia are 6 weeks old.

Hagrid
Hagrid207-11-2010.jpg

Hagrid
Hagrid37-11-2010.jpg

Olympia & Octavia
Os107-11-2010.jpg

Olympia
Olympia107-11-2010.jpg

Octavia
Octavia07-10-2010a.jpg

Griffon (he's the little guy all stretched up)
Chicks907-07-10.jpg

Clementine
Clementine03-10-10.jpg

Clementine
Clementine303-10-10.jpg

Winston
Winston601-25-10.jpg

Winston & Clementine
WinstonandClementine01-07-2010.jpg

Winston & Clementine
WinstonClementineBlossomJewel01-07-.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png
I was going to say the same thing in that they look like a Cochin with out the feathering on the shanks and feet..

Chris

Stunning, simply stunning!

Love the size of the chicks, they look very heavy.

Parents..............make me drool. They look extremely solid. I do not think they look like cochins - just as fluffy as a cochin should be, but I see Orp body. Course I also love the English Orp style.

love.gif

I've always wondered about importing eggs. would you mind telling me how much it was just to import the eggs (not the price of the eggs) but all the paperwork and shipping and that. what do you figure for your actual importing costs?(if you don't mind, I'm not trying to be rude, just curious) and you can pm me if you'd like.

I would also love to know that I am interested in importing Ermine, Salmon, BBS, and Buff Faverolles eggs.

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom