Our eventful morning...*pics*

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
So, I have taken a little vacation time the past 2 mornings, waiting for the post office to call at 7:30 (our postmaster iso ne of those prompt, proud of his job guys so by 7:32 if theres no call that means no chicks) and I got the call...I could hear the lil darlin's peeping in the background, he told me that he had checked all 4 sections and they all looked really good, he was amused that there were 3 ducks scattered in there too.
So, I ran into town, well drove really, brought them home, spent the next 15 minutes dunkin' beaks, and voila! We have 109 happy babies in our brooder now! I feel like I can breathe again, especially knowing that not a one died in transit!!!!
Our brooder doesnt look so big now that they are all settled in!
17526_may2009_007.jpg

Down in the thick of it...
17526_may2009_008.jpg

We got the 100 roo chicks from Cackle for $0.31 a piece (I think they wanted to do that over culling the left over boys) for the brown egg laying breeds... so we got a mixed package and I get to keep the one(s) I like and the rest go to the freezer. My kids rae used to hunting and the fact that our cows are for eating, so they are pretty ok with knowing that they can play with them now but we will eat them later. The ducks are just because ducks make me feel good
smile.png

LOL mosh pit is pretty accurate. Yes we thought that at 31 cents plus the 3 free ducks, we can live with fattening them up longer than meat breeds. We will feed a lot of sunflowers and corn so they wont take too long to get fat!

Quote:
THats my hope! LOL my bantys are about 5-7 days old and you cant tell them apart from these big chicks right now, I know in a few more days these boys will shoot up, but it really surprised me this morning looking at them!

Back
Top Bottom