1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our First Chicks....supervised outting :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CarolinaASTchic, Mar 28, 2012.

1. CarolinaASTchic

CarolinaASTchic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    Our little ones are going on 2 weeks old now and had a nice little 20 minute outdoor session while I was cleaning out their brooder. The definitely seemed to enjoy it.

This is Allie...AKA Alpha who we believe to be a red sex link...whom I interrupted while she was attempting to dust bath on rock hard red clay lol.
    [​IMG]

Allie in front with Ginger and Rosemary in the back our production reds...and 2 of our buff orps who I can no longer tell apart lol who is either Nugget, Attie, or Sunshine.

[​IMG]

Little RoseMary...
    [​IMG]

And one of the little buff girls eyeing the phone :p
    [​IMG]

2. gotpotbellypig

gotpotbellypig Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    the are so cute!

3. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    awww!!!! How do you contain them? I want to take my chix outside too, they're 11 days old today. but I don't have anything to put them in

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Ain't nothing happier than a chick in the sunshine!

5. CarolinaASTchic

CarolinaASTchic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    Yea they def love the outdooors! I used a large laundry basket to cover them while I was cleaning and then when i was finished I lifted the basket. They are scared cause its new and honestly keep close together near you. Actually a couple of the buff girls would climb up in my lap to snuggle down lol. Our yard is fenced in as well so i figured they would only get so far [​IMG]

6. Bsdyn01

Bsdyn01 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2012
    NE
    My chicks are 4 wks now and we too have a fenced yard.. hoping to get a few nice days w less wind to take them out again... I took them out before in a wire kennel but now its become their temporary home til our coop is finished. I uploaded a pic of it on my page! ;)

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Those pics are precious!! Thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by