Our First Chicks....supervised outting :)

CarolinaASTchic

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 23, 2012
North Carolina
Our little ones are going on 2 weeks old now and had a nice little 20 minute outdoor session while I was cleaning out their brooder. The definitely seemed to enjoy it.

This is Allie...AKA Alpha who we believe to be a red sex link...whom I interrupted while she was attempting to dust bath on rock hard red clay lol.

Allie in front with Ginger and Rosemary in the back our production reds...and 2 of our buff orps who I can no longer tell apart lol who is either Nugget, Attie, or Sunshine.

Little RoseMary...

And one of the little buff girls eyeing the phone :p

awww!!!! How do you contain them? I want to take my chix outside too, they're 11 days old today. but I don't have anything to put them in

Yea they def love the outdooors! I used a large laundry basket to cover them while I was cleaning and then when i was finished I lifted the basket. They are scared cause its new and honestly keep close together near you. Actually a couple of the buff girls would climb up in my lap to snuggle down lol. Our yard is fenced in as well so i figured they would only get so far
tongue.png

My chicks are 4 wks now and we too have a fenced yard.. hoping to get a few nice days w less wind to take them out again... I took them out before in a wire kennel but now its become their temporary home til our coop is finished. I uploaded a pic of it on my page! ;)

Back
Top Bottom