Our first egg!!šŸ„ššŸ’™

Is it normal for a chicken that doesn't have fully developed red comb and waddles to lay eggs?

Is it normal for a chicken that doesn't have fully developed red comb and waddles to lay eggs?
I have 2 hens that look a like except there comb. Out of the same batch of chicks. One has half a comb ( she just left us a egg a few days ago) other has almost no comb. ?

She is 20 weeks old. I have a rooster that has been trying to mate with her, little butt head roo. I wonder if it hurried her along with egg laying? Oh and I know it's her for sure because she is the only one that can lay blue eggs the others will be brown.
How exciting, congrats. I also have an EE that is right around 20 weeks. She does not squat, but her comb and little wattles are pretty red now. My rooster also tries to mate her (but that really isn't an indicator in my situation because he also tries to mate my 19 week old Barnevelders and they are no where near to laying yet) Anyway, it gives me hope my EE will be laying soon! And like you, I will know it's hers because she is the only blue egger I have. Even if it is another color, I feel I will still know it's hers because only the Australorps are laying and I know their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom