Our first egg

BigLar368

Songster
Jun 12, 2020
Southeast Texas
So after 19 weeks we finally got an egg. She has laid every day for 7 days straight. The grand daughter named her "Princess Layer"....lol. I know the eggs are small and will eventually get bigger just wondering how long it will take. Also when we ordered the chickens and they came in we bought 4 more from Tractor Supply so we are not sure which breed of chicken this is. We think it's either a red comet or a red sex link. We ordered the comets and got the sex links from Tractor Supply. Hoping more will be ready to lay soon. These eggs now are half the size of a normal egg...lol. Now just waiting on the ducks to lay. The yellow top is milk jug cap for comparison. Thanks.

egg.jpg
princess layer.jpg

I'm not sure how long it take for the eggs to get bigger as I raise bantams. Good Job chicken! She lays beautiful brown eggs.

Thanks. They (her eggs) have been consistent. Also not many of our chickens are very tame. We have 18 others and 4 ducks. This one has become very friendly and now some others are as well. I think they will be laying soon.

Back
Top Bottom