Our First Egg...

SilverMoon

Chirping
10 Years
Nov 30, 2011
In The Shadows With MyChickens
Well this afternoon my mother informed me to come and see something. I didnt think I would be looking at this brown thing called an egg. But there I was amazed and astonished at the little egg. She said she found it cleaning our black hens sleep area. I was already coming to think on who could have layed the egg herself. I know its Silver. She has been doing some quite unusual behavior lately. I attributed it to being squatting-like gestures. I wonder are there any other signs out there that our little hens are ready to go in the laying department that we might be missing? We know of one already
smile.png
. We are most excited over this first egg.

OFSE.jpg

Quote:
Actually we were given four chickens about four to five months ago. I believe our brown ones are Buff Orpingtons though one is catching up in size to the other. Then they gave us two black ones as well. I think someone identified one as Astraulorp however you spell it. The other might be one too but I note some of the same characteristics as our buffs but in black. This would be our first egg ever. We dont breed chickens as of yet. I think they mostly will be egglayers and not mothers themselves.

Quote:
I think this one has a hole in it that wasnt from us lol. But yeah I do believe I have a buff. She has the right size and shape...the giant fluff and stuff. She does resemble them the most. The one as my icon she seems a bit smaller but is catching up in size definitely lately.

Last edited:
Congratulations! We got our first egg on November 12, 2011. That was so exciting for us. We saved it and had breakfast with our little granddaughter and she ate it. It was a double yolker too.

Back
Top Bottom