1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Our First Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thekatbus, Jul 27, 2014.

1. thekatbus

thekatbus In the Brooder

I have had 3 hens for just about 24 hours now and was not expecting it....But I just peeked in the nesting box and there it was! It came from our RSL, named Cinnamon.

We took it out, it was still warm! We took directly into the house and onto the frying pan. It was delicious and strange and exciting.

It is safe to eat them so fresh, they're still warm right?

We are sooooo happy :D

[​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C coffee up kids! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations on getting your 1st egg. No problem eating them that fresh and yep, they are a bit different (as in Better!) than what you get at a store.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Way to go, Cinnamon -- hope you enjoy your delicious fresh egg!

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member 5 Years

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    WooHoo, congrats!!..... nothing like holding a hot, freshly laid egg in your bare hand, especially in the winter.

A friend was over last week and we were hanging in the coop, the egg song started and I grabbed the hot egg and put it in my friends hand...the expression on her face was priceless!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: