Our First Flock - Five Buff Orpingtons

South Hill Chickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Spokane, WA
Well, after a little scare with the Spokane municipal codes, it looks like we're going to get to keep our girls. We are so excited. See the pictures below, though these are a bit out of date as they're from a week ago.

All are buff Orpingtons, about four weeks old when these were taken. The coop saga continues, I will post pictures of that process as it goes. Now that we have the blessing of the city, it should go a lot smoother.

Click the pics for bigger versions.

Great choice! I love all of my buff orps. You will find that they are very outgoing and will demand that you pet them and some want you to pick them up. Of my flock of Light Brahmas, Giants, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Easter Eggers, Leghorns, Australorps, and Cornish Rocks, the Buffs are by far the most outgoing and loving. You will enjoy these birds, Good luck!

vortec

Quote:
With two small children, that is certainly our hope. We wanted something that would like to be handled and cuddled. You can see they're already getting the hug treatment from my daughter.

If they are anything like mine, they will be great birds for the whole family. The more you love on them the more they want you to. I hope you have the same luck with yours

vortec

Ahhh they are so cute! Congratulations! And welcome from North Carolina!!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom