Our FIRST Hatch Day!!!

oh I have a bunch that went into lockdown today!!! YAYA Some are SERAMA so they will hatch anytime now!!

First Pip! Egg #8
Yay! You're going to have a chick soon
jumpy.gif
Keep us posted!

Still no chick it is taking its sweet time! One of the other eggs also cracked the shell but the white part is not broken...should I be concerned?

Thanks for sending me this way! We are going through our first hatch right now using an incubator my son made from a cooler. Yesterday was the official hatch day and this morning we had a pip and good news we came home to a CHICK however...his foot was caught in the incubator fan
sad.png

we got its foot unstuck however 2 toes are bleeding and swollen. I put some neosporin on it and put it back in the incubator. it is cheaping and resting and is moving around a bit...should I do something else? I know it says to not feed them for a couple days after hatching but since it is injured should i?

Also...I have another egg that as of 2:15pm had piped the shell off the egg however did not poke through the white part. is that ok? it is now 9pm so it has been 7 hours

Thanks!!

Watch out with the little hurt toes, especally if any of the others hatch little peeps are atracted to anything red and have been known to peck another chick to death if it gets and owie. Youll have to find something to protect the babies from the fan.

Thanks for the heads up! Yes as soon as we got it out of the fan we got a finer mesh and recovered the van!!! now we know! Right now it is the only one but hopefully we will have another in the morning!!

Back
Top Bottom