Our Girls

Areilius

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Oregon
Great site going here. We are new to chickens and I have enjoyed the information found before registering. Thought I would share some pictures of our girls.

Brownie and Ms. Black

Lil' Red and Dot

Brownie, Oranges, Ms. Black, And Lil' Red

Lil' Reds first egg

The family cat has a bit of an identity crisis, but she does love all animals

Currently only Lil' Red is laying, She is much older than the rest but that is a sad story. We just got 3 new Silkie babies last night. These girls have really surprised me, My pre-conceived notions of Chickens has totally changed. They are a great animals and have been a nice addition to our family.
Mark

welcome-byc.gif

Your girls are beautiful and congrats on the egg. Good size for a first one
thumbsup.gif

Thank you all, Glad to be here. We just added a few more to our group of girls. We now have 6 Silkies, 2 Ameraucana, 2 Rhode Island reds, and 1 Bantam Cochin. Lil' Red has been laying consistently for a week now. It is allot of fun for the kids to gather her egg each morning. One of the new Silkies has been laying according to my wife's friend we bought her from. I will get some new pictures up here soon. Hope every had a Happy Thanksgiving.
Mark

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
!

What beautiful girls you have there! The Easter Egger, Lil' Red? is so adorable! You said she was older, what is her story? We would love to know, we're all addicted to chicken stories here... Well, I am. I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now..

Last edited:
Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
!

What beautiful girls you have there! The Easter Egger, Lil' Red? is so adorable! You said she was older, what is her story? We would love to know, we're all addicted to chicken stories here... Well, I am. I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now..
Thank you! Yeah Lil' Red is our Easter Egger. She is from our original group of girls. Its a sad story and really was a dark day for our family. It was really hard to share the news with my Wife and Kids. Anyways enough with the sad stories onto the pictures
big_smile.png

My daughter and her Silkie Pumpkin

One of our Slikie babies.

I will try and get a group photo of the girls sometime soon. Pumpkin and our new Ameraucana have fit in nicely to the group. They all have been getting along and are exploring together.
Mark

Last edited:
Thank you! Yeah Lil' Red is our Easter Egger. She is from our original group of girls. Its a sad story and really was a dark day for our family. It was really hard to share the news with my Wife and Kids. Anyways enough with the sad stories onto the pictures
big_smile.png

My daughter and her Silkie Pumpkin

One of our Slikie babies.

I will try and get a group photo of the girls sometime soon. Pumpkin and our new Ameraucana have fit in nicely to the group. They all have been getting along and are exploring together.
Mark

Aw! I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that. It's always hard.

But, cute pics!! I can't believe how tiny that Silkie is. I can't wait to get my Silkie babies... and Ameraucana... Whoops, my chicken math is showing.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here at BYC. Don't be detered when you see just how "insanitized" we all are here. Okay, maybe it's just me, but I doubt it. The Pictures and Stories forum is where most of us chicken-obsessed folks hang out. Welcome to the club. You're free time is now taken...

Back
Top Bottom