OUR HATCHING EGG WEBSITE IS FINALLY FINISHED!!..YIPPIE!!....

dude, those are LIGHT! My jersey black giant pullet is laying eggs that dark! They are the lighter brown eggs in this basket.
rainboweggs.jpg

i like your site
thumbsup.gif

i have one suggestion though.
i'm a web developer and photographer, and the only thing i would suggest is that your 'banner' images should be compressed a lot more than they are.

they are about 600+k and took a few seconds to load on cable!
theoretically these could take up to 2 minutes to load on dial up!

you can still get STUNNING images at 200-250k, since it's not a photography site, you may be able to compress them more without much degradation (100k).

my 2 cents
big_smile.png

Quote:
I agree that the site is beautiful, but it is important to have the stock to back it up.

I can show you a picture of some Marans eggs I received from this breeder. I bought some Copper Blue Marans eggs recently. The eggs on the left with writing on them are the CBs. The eggs on the right are from my production Red Star and a bantam mutt.
Edited to add: I asked for and received a full refund and chose not to hatch these eggs as Marans need to be at least a #4 on the scale.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/horsegirl207/ees-brabanters005.jpg

Yes, those eggs were from me..... I fully disclosed on this particular auction that these Blue Coppers were a work in progress.....and that they were no where near as dark as our black coppers.....this was all disclosed before the purchase....... regardless, I did give a full refund including the shipping that was paid.......... I want everyone to be happy............... We work hard with our chickens to constantly improve type and egg color and also work hard to find good reputable breeders..............

i'd of been flipping mad if i got eggs that light for any marans breeds and that is not a work in progress it is pet quality which price should reflect. i would not have hatched them either and been insulted it was even suggested they should be.
JMHO
wink.png
i do agree though the site does look very nice.

I love your website, but just wanted to add that we usually offer BYC members better pricing than the general public gets offered. Most of us like to take care of each other
wink.png
. I like your golden cuckoos
love.gif

Oh, and my Ancona came from you
tongue.png

Last edited:
Wow Farmer's wife, I had no idea you were the same lady I've been buying eggs from on eBay!

Just a testimony for the rest of the BYC folks - I don't have any of this lady's marans, but I have Black Australorps, Brown Leghorns, and Blue Andalusians that I bought from her over several months last spring and summer and they were all *GREAT* - like fantastic quality birds.

[If any of you followed the "Sir Annoys Alot" post in the meat bird section, he was from one of her eggs and he was great quality].

I have had VERY high hatch rates with all her eggs and have been very happy with the quality of chicks - very healthy and vigorous.

I cannot say that about all the eBay sellers I've dealt with.

So, I understand the issue with the egg color, but she gave a full refund [and I've seen her listing - it does say they are lighter than they should be right there in the listing].

Anyway, I say give the lady a break - I've been very happy with her stock and will definitely buy from her again in the future - she's one of the best sellers I've dealt with on eBay and I've dealt with a bunch of them at this point.

And Farmer's Wife, the website is beautiful - well done!

Kelly

Back
Top Bottom