Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Broodies are fierce! My black australorp stomped around with her wings up in the air, growling (or the chicken equivalent) when other chickens came near her babies. She was so protective of them. Then one night when they were five weeks old she up and left them- went to roost with the older hens. If there were any goodbyes I didn't see it - it was like a switch turned off and she wasn't "mom" anymore. Sort of sad :/

Speaking of broodies.

The lady where we have got stock from posted this pic to FB yesterday. Her GLW 'Goldie' She calls her "the ultimate mothership" lugging about 16 chicks! She said she is a weapon of a mum too.

He reported that his family, his wife's family and Bernie's family are all OK. Mrs. Oz will be trying to travel from just south of Manila to their home shortly which will take her thru/over the damaged areas... So glad they are all Ok, but it is heartbreaking to see pics from the hard hit areas.

He reported that his family, his wife's family and Bernie's family are all OK. Mrs. Oz will be trying to travel from just south of Manila to their home shortly which will take her thru/over the damaged areas... So glad they are all Ok, but it is heartbreaking to see pics from the hard hit areas.

Oh thank you, I'm so glad that he and is family are safe.

I was listening on the news, Dr. with out borders are having a very hard time getting their people in there, and supplies are waiting at the airport that is only being used for military and govt use at the moment. Hope they get some organization going soon... what an absolute horror show.

That GLW is awesome.

Joanne beat me to it. last I heard all was ok with family and property. Only a loss of power and I believe one of the incubators was full, sad but a small price to pay in the scheme of life and security for the rest of the property.

I will head over to that new thread now and see if I can offer anything.

Back
Top Bottom