Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Yeah, I must need a bigger iron I think as it takes too long to get the lug to temp and the heat works it's way up.

Oh well, only about $1.68 for another one, just have to wait until business hours to get one.
Ah, Yes the heat soak can be a killer. A quick hot heat-up is better then a slow heat-up for soldering most components.
Do you use a good Flux before you apply the heat?
Just a thought
Scott

Ha!

I have always joked around about who was the first person to say "I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of that chickens bum!"

The flock are in good order. Dusty has perfected his crow, but he seems to only crow a couple of times a day. The two bigger boys are advertised for sale now. They have the more teenage bass type crow that seems to scare themselves every time it comes out. WOn't be long until they get used to it.

The Corro eggs are all in there, nice and warm against plucked bellies. Only issue there is the three broodies keep taking the 3 lower nest boxes and some of the bigger girls will only lay down the bottom. Each day I have to have a bit of a dig under the broodies to find new eggs. Other than that, none have been crushed from two birds in one nest yet.

Will candle them on day 7 I think.

I have a much smaller 46km Ultra entered for December 21 but that will be more of a 'fun run' that a serious race. Lots of friends entered so I hope to have a bit of a social one.

News has just come out that a new 100km race is being planned for Australia Day (26th january) if that one falls through there is another 100k in late Feb/March next year. I will need a 100k under my belt to qualify for the big 100 mile (164km) race next year. Hopefully it all falls into place. I did have a shot at my 5k PB time last weekend but I think I am still fatigued a bit as I was off pace by about 8 seconds, I was hoping to be about 8 seconds quicker lol

For now though, I am just ticking over low milage. A fine line between overtraining and maintenance at the moment.

Just in case you missed this red moon over in the west , my daughter got this pic.

There was a lot of talk about the blood moon coming, and then the night it arrives, and Perth was said to be in the best place to view it in the world...and we had cloud cover on the horizon, so it took a while for the moon to get high enough to see.

We had the kids telescope out but don't have a camera worthy of a decent pic. Was pretty cool to see. Apparently out in the country, like Kalgoorlie area had fantastic unobstructed view of the clear horizon. Seen some great images getting about, Casey's included. How long until she hears back from the interview?

Back
Top Bottom