Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Sounds like a busy time for Karl....check out the big grin on his face :D I never got to do a water jump.

Shame about your daughters attempt at a place to stay. We not long ago had my brother move out after he was with us for about 7 months. His room is now free, but we are a bit away from her school, and the rooms only has a fan! At least she is sorted now, all the best for her first day at the books. You guys have my number, if Cas needs a local hand feel free to call on me.

I keep meaning to get a recent pic of your last chick we hatched, it's just a pain as I have to connect my phone to the PC, and then it wants to sync..takes forever. Pics just don't want to load from my phone direct to the site (it keeps logging me out) which is a big part of why this thread has had a few tumbleweeds blow through lately. I still log in almost everyday and have a peek around though.

Thanks Ben, I nearly did give you a call. Her lovely young man went with her so that complicated things a little. She bought a V W beetle to get around town so they are set now.
The regatta day was planned but then there was the little mishap with HMAS Sydney . Made for lots of interesting jibing .
I managed one little coro pullet and that rotten goss hawk got her. Next time we are over I'll bring you a couple of dozen eggs.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/t...he-river-derwent/story-fnj4f7k1-1227213527504

Last edited:
Check out the new wheels. She had to sell her car and horse but she loves it.

Nice beetle, keep it away from our Laverne...she loves beetles too! The was the first I heard of HMAS Sydney's loosing her anchor!

She loves it, leather interior and sporty. Hubby is an old hand at finding anchors. The last American submarine that was here also dropped its $250,000 anchor in the bottom of the derwent.
The best thing to come out of it is that the powers that be have realized that they cannot afford to disband diving team 10.

We didn't get 5 chicks, we only got one in the last hatch and this is it. Maybe you are thinking of the previous hatch. We started with a dozen hand delivered eggs, had a couple of clears, a real early quitter, a late quitter and the broody also crush one or two from memory (one clear and one forming chick) The only one from the last hatch to make it was this one who we are 98% certain is a male.

It's 16 weeks old with a rose comb, really only started to go red like that the past week or two. Certainly not developed enough in type to be nearing lay if I was wrong. I have not seen it behave like a roo with crowing, mounting or playing dominant, but it still just has that male stance. I do have my doubts, as all the males we have had from Fancy (same supplier) had crowed real early, like 6 weeks old and were easy to pick with single combs.

It will probably crow tomorrow now that I have talked about it!

I will try get a better shot tomorrow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom