Our little Squiggy...

Boggy Bottom Bantams

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Hahira, GA
Here's some pics of Squiggy, one of our bearded D'Uccle Roosters. Hes so photogenic! I just had to show you some of these pics I took of him last week.

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

And here's a cute little photo shop thing I did. Squiggy is one of our loudest crowers! LOL!!
tongue.png

bbblittleroosterbigcrow.png

Thank you! Yeah he just loves the camera, every time I go out to the coop too take pics he's right there crowing and showing off or trying to get his beak right in the lens. He's like a little kid saying "Mom!! Mom!! Take a picture of me!!" hahaha...
tongue.png

I just saw this post and started crying...
sad.png

Squiggy died a few months back due to an animal attack. We never found what killed him, my husband Aubrey said it might had been a bobcat because it scared our dog half to death. Yozie, our Lab, watches over the free roaming chickens at night, she once scared off a coyote, but this particular night was a little different. The next day we found Yozie huddled up on our porch not wanting to leave it and Squiggy was found malled to death. Yozie was so scared of what ever it was that she didn't leave the porch for about a week. Aubrey and I decided from then on we'd lock the free roaming chickens up at night in a small chicken coop and let them out again during the day. I was so upset that it got Squiggy, he was one of my favorite roos. I think Yozie tried to scare the predator away because it didn't carry Squiggy off into the woods, it looked like he was droped actually. A friend of ours said that it might have been Yozie who did it but I told him Yozie loves her chicken friends and would never hurt them, she likes to lay next to the pis at night and during the day she walks around w/ the free roaming chickens. Ive never seen her even chase one.

Anyway, I miss Squiggy...
sad.png

He was a cool rooster who just loved attention and to have his picture taken. R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom