Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
My understanding is;;; it was the sauce he made for spaghetti. I guess the acid from the tomatoes would make the rabbit meat TENDER. :idunno
I am not a rabbit eater, so not sure how tough the meat would be from a mature rabbit. The local live poultry store where I have purchased chickens from,, (I took live, and kept for my flock of pets) sells rabbits as well. They also sell pigeons. You take dressed, or live like I did. Same price ether way.
Thank you! I will have to try it & let you know how it is! The man I bought the rabbits from, gave us some out of his freezer. We might help him butcher some next weekend! So, we will get some fresh meat. It will be a while before we get any from ours!

I dyed my eggs today... they are so much richer than the white eggs dyed... the different shades of the same colored eggs are because the eggs were different colors.. View attachment 2073978View attachment 2073979View attachment 2073980View attachment 2073981View attachment 2073982View attachment 2073983View attachment 2073984

Your eggs are beautiful! How did you get such deep colors?

These are meat rabbits! They are a New Zealand cross! New Zealand is the best meat rabbit at least that's what I've found researching them!

We used to cross our NZ with our California rabbits (for meat). If I remember right, crossing the NZ with the Cali's produced a bit larger offspring. DH was the rabbit master, I just filled in for him when I had to (I was mostly busy with the chickens and garden).

We used to cross our NZ with our California rabbits (for meat). If I remember right, crossing the NZ with the Cali's produced a bit larger offspring. DH was the rabbit master, I just filled in for him when I had to (I was mostly busy with the chickens and garden).
That's what I was looking at! I think I'm going to get a NZ/Cali Buck! My husband will be dispatching them, although I will learn to do it if I have to. We will probably both skin & quarter them!

That's what I was looking at! I think I'm going to get a NZ/Cali Buck! My husband will be dispatching them, although I will learn to do it if I have to. We will probably both skin & quarter them!

DH used to have to dispatch and process ours, I just couldn't do it. But I did cook them! I found that low & slow cooking methods worked best, otherwise, the meat can be tough.

Here are my eggs from my gals.. I guess since they already have color to them they come out darker... I know I don’t even have to dye mine as my gals do it for me.. but we just like to do it for funzies....
C4766F2E-1C89-43C5-990E-6BBD2BEA2A78.jpeg
56AEC221-01FF-44F3-B89A-6585018B103D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom