Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
That’s exactly what I used when I had baby chicks and it worked perfectly!
It has worked really well...but they have outgrown it already! I will be moving the ones in the crib to the coop, hopefully tomorrow and then place the new Marans into the crib! There are only 4 of those, so they should be fine for a few weeks!

Are you moving some of them out today?
That's what I'm hoping! I really wanted to keep them in the house for a couple of more weeks, but they just need more space! The coop is insulated, so once we get the heat lamp in there, they should be nice and cozy! I will then move the new Marans into the crib brooder!

The nesting box is all buttoned up! We still need to add nest dividers and we need to put in the new roosting bars! That will come a little later! Next we will add a heat lamp to start warming up the coop and then we will move the chicks out there later today! Home Depot wasn't able to color match my red paint, so it doesn't quite match...oh well...I'll just have to get over it...lol!

Nesting Box Buttoned Up 4.5.2020.jpg

The nesting box is all buttoned up! We still need to add nest dividers and we need to put in the new roosting bars! That will come a little later! Next we will add a heat lamp to start warming up the coop and then we will move the chicks out there later today! Home Depot wasn't able to color match my red paint, so it doesn't quite match...oh well...I'll just have to get over it...lol!

View attachment 2076359

Very nice! The little ones are going to love all that space!

So, I went to the feed store today and, well, this sorta happened...:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy😂
4 French Copper Black Marans! I'm so excited, I really want at least one rooster, hopefully they all aren't. We bought four to have a better chance of getting at least one of each! 1 Roo & 3 hens would be perfect! Time will tell!!! View attachment 2074607
View attachment 2074608
Chicken math hit you quick!! :gig..... well, you’ll get some nice dark eggs with them! I love my Cuckoo Marans... Big Mak!
C02D8337-33A0-4CA6-8923-515FD6CB65E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom