Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Good evening Rene. I love the tile! I can’t wait to see how it all comes together when you’re done. Your flock is so pretty! I understand holding off on adding more with all that’s going on. I’m so sorry for the loss of your nephew :hugs How is your mom doing?
Hi IM! Thank you! We're getting closer, I hope it comes together the way I envision. I still haven't nailed down what I'm doing for the backsplash and I think we are going with a different countertop than what we originally chose, but that will all boil down to how much it will cost.

I had planned on waiting two years before I added to my flock, so I'm kind of glad that I'm back on that track again! Those fluffy babies are so tempting though! :)

Thank you, he will be missed. :( :hugs

She's been showing diminished capacity, I can't even have a conversation with her over the phone right now. I really think it's the pain medication she's taking. I spoke with her nurse today and they are going to try and adjust the dose or place her on a different medicine and see if that helps. Other than that, I believe she's healing the way they were hoping she would. I'm anxious to head down there to see her, but it's going to be a couple of weeks before that happens. :love

Hi IM! Thank you! We're getting closer, I hope it comes together the way I envision. I still haven't nailed down what I'm doing for the backsplash and I think we are going with a different countertop than what we originally chose, but that will all boil down to how much it will cost.

I had planned on waiting two years before I added to my flock, so I'm kind of glad that I'm back on that track again! Those fluffy babies are so tempting though! :)

She's been showing diminished capacity, I can't even have a conversation with her over the phone right now. I really think it's the pain medication she's taking. I spoke with her nurse today and they are going to try and adjust the dose or place her on a different medicine and see if that helps. Other than that, I believe she's healing the way they were hoping she would. I'm anxious to head down there to see her, but it's going to be a couple of weeks before that happens. :love
I'm sorry about your mother Rene. I cannot imagine how hard it is to be so far away from your mother like you are. I never really have been. :hugs :hugs

Rene, I hope the change in medication helps your mom's situation :hugs

Hi everyone! Today has been a day of bad news. We found out early this morning that one of our nephews died last night. Then my sister called to let me know that my mom is on her way back to the hospital, she has a new bone fracture and she's really not doing well, we don't know how much longer she will be with us. I will definitely be hit and miss for a bit as we try to figure out which direction we will be heading first CA or TX. 😢
I'm so sorry to hear this, Rene. Hugs to you and your family :hugs

I just received the first good news of the day! It turns out my mom does not have a new fracture, she is just experiencing a lot of pain, :( I don't know what they saw on the x-ray, I'm just glad they were wrong. We will still be going down to see her when we get back from TX. One more positive thing, we got to video chat with Declan, so that helped to brighten the day!

Chicken news. I talked to Josh to see if he still wants Marquis, because he needs to go. He's not set up yet and doesn't know when he will be, so apologetically decided not to take him. I do have another friend that wants him, she will be picking him up sometime this weekend. She also thinks she may have found homes for Little Roo & Roo 2, I will miss them, but I only want to keep one rooster. I saw the boys fighting over another hen and had to chase them off of her. I'm tired of the girls suffering because of there being too many roosters, so I put out feelers and I'm very hopeful that they will all have homes! Josh told me he might be able to get some Cream Legbars tomorrow and asked me if I wanted any. I do, but in light of everything that's going on right now I have decided to wait. I was ready 3 months ago. So the plan is to get some new hens next year. My current flock will be 2 and I think this will be a great time to integrate some new beauties. I have room for a flock of probably 25, but I feel that 20 is a good number with my setup. Having only one rooster will make the flock much more peaceful and give the girls a break from so much attention!
I'm glad you are able to find them new homes. I'm sure it will be much more peaceful with one rooster!

Back
Top Bottom