Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Hi IM! Thank you! We're getting closer, I hope it comes together the way I envision. I still haven't nailed down what I'm doing for the backsplash and I think we are going with a different countertop than what we originally chose, but that will all boil down to how much it will cost.

I had planned on waiting two years before I added to my flock, so I'm kind of glad that I'm back on that track again! Those fluffy babies are so tempting though! :)

Thank you, he will be missed. :( :hugs

She's been showing diminished capacity, I can't even have a conversation with her over the phone right now. I really think it's the pain medication she's taking. I spoke with her nurse today and they are going to try and adjust the dose or place her on a different medicine and see if that helps. Other than that, I believe she's healing the way they were hoping she would. I'm anxious to head down there to see her, but it's going to be a couple of weeks before that happens. :love
I hope the change in medication will help. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine how hard it is being so far away ❤

I hope the change in medication will help. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine how hard it is being so far away ❤
It has been hard. My sister isn't the best about asking questions and then conveying the information. I will be calling to speak with the director of nursing on Monday to find out about mom's progress and what the plans are for her. 💗

Hi IM! Thank you! We're getting closer, I hope it comes together the way I envision. I still haven't nailed down what I'm doing for the backsplash and I think we are going with a different countertop than what we originally chose, but that will all boil down to how much it will cost.

I had planned on waiting two years before I added to my flock, so I'm kind of glad that I'm back on that track again! Those fluffy babies are so tempting though! :)

Thank you, he will be missed. :( :hugs

She's been showing diminished capacity, I can't even have a conversation with her over the phone right now. I really think it's the pain medication she's taking. I spoke with her nurse today and they are going to try and adjust the dose or place her on a different medicine and see if that helps. Other than that, I believe she's healing the way they were hoping she would. I'm anxious to head down there to see her, but it's going to be a couple of weeks before that happens. :love
I hope it’s just the medication and a change will help your mom! It’s so hard when you’re not close enough to just zip on over and see her I’m sure.

Fluffy babies are always tempting! I’m happy I know my limits and don’t get too crazy, usually.

Hubs says you never know what you’re going to do with a project until you take home the materials to do it. Doesn’t matter if it’s tile, paint, carpet, etc. I think he’s right!

I hope it’s just the medication and a change will help your mom! It’s so hard when you’re not close enough to just zip on over and see her I’m sure.

Fluffy babies are always tempting! I’m happy I know my limits and don’t get too crazy, usually.

Hubs says you never know what you’re going to do with a project until you take home the materials to do it. Doesn’t matter if it’s tile, paint, carpet, etc. I think he’s right!
Yep. Things don't always come together the way you plan & hope. Hoping you have a lovely trip & your mum does better soon.

It has been hard! Couple of more weeks and I'll get down there.

Limits, that's why I haven't ordered any ducks...yet!!! :D

Agreed! I think I finally picked out the tile for behind the stove...I think it's very pretty, but it's white, I'm not brave enough to go with the green that I really like! :) I have to order it online, so I will order a sample to make sure I like it, I'm going to order the green too, you can't always tell from a picture!

Last edited:
Yep. Things don't always come together the way you plan & hope. Hoping you have a lovely trip & your mum does better soon.
Thank you Jehane! Best laid plans, don't always work out!

I spoke with her today and she was a little more coherent, hopefully she will continue to improve as they adjust her pain medicine! 💗

It was such a lovely day, I snapped a couple of yard pictures. All of the rocks in this landscape feature, except the fountain rock in the middle, were excavated from where our house sits now.
20210418_112754.jpg

Bleeding Heart!
20210418_112811.jpg

Back
Top Bottom