Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
Once we are able to let the chickens into the free range pen, I will till it up!
Just an Idea/suggestion. Once you have area tilled, you can add lawn grass clippings spread on top of that softened earth. I toss all my lawn clippings into chicken run. The ground never turns into mud. Chickens scratch thru clippings and into soil beneath. My chickens never suffer from boredom :old

Just an Idea/suggestion. Once you have area tilled, you can add lawn grass clippings spread on top of that softened earth. I toss all my lawn clippings into chicken run. The ground never turns into mud. Chickens scratch thru clippings and into soil beneath. My chickens never suffer from boredom :old

That's a good tip Cavey!

That's a great idea! I'm going to mow their pen today, I will dump the grass in there! Thank you! 💞

After all of the work we've done, we finally get to see our flock enjoy their new space!!!

First ones out!
<iframe width="1180" height="664" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

23 very happy Chickens!!!
View attachment 2239301

Bravely Exploring their new space!
View attachment 2239302

Having a little fun and spreading their wings! My battery ran down and I missed a huge flight from the far end, back to where I was standing!
<iframe width="1180" height="664" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh my gosh! I love it! I love the pic if them all spread across the green grass! 😍

Thank you!💞 So do I and they love having more room!
Oh, I’ll bet they do!!!
I think I may have heard Trumpy Bear trying to crow... it was a sound I’ve never heard from my gals! I thought someone choked and died :gig.... still not sure it was him... I’ll keep you posted!
And guess what..... chicken butt! 😆.... no, just kidding...... we are horse hunting:wee.... super exciting!!

Sorry, I just started reading this thread. @drstratton, where did you get your chicks? How many survived? How many do you currently have and how old are they? Thanks!
Welcome @Three Little Bunnies! I bought 16 of my chicks from Hoover's hatchery, they all arrived very healthy. I bought 4 from our local Ranch & Home, but they also came from Hoover's and a friend gave me 3 white Silkies. So I currently have 23, the 1st 16 are 16 weeks, 4 are 14 weeks & I'm not sure about the Silkies, but I'm guessing they are about the same age! A few posts back from yours is a couple of current pictures & a video of them! 💞

Back
Top Bottom