Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
Today's eggs include my largest egg so far laid by Maggie, my Midnight Majesty Maran...62g!
62g Egg layer  8.7.2020.jpg

62 41 41  8.7.2020.jpg

I go out a couple of times a day and walk around the pen checking for eggs! I found one right along the fence line this afternoon. It was broken, with the broken side down, ants were having a feast, I hope that one of my hens isn't going to be an egg eater! :(

Your girls are pretty new to the egg laying biz, I wonder if it just "slipped" out before she could get to the nesting box?

Your girls are pretty new to the egg laying biz, I wonder if it just "slipped" out before she could get to the nesting box?
That's what I'm hoping, I'm pretty sure that is what happened with the first egg I found in the Free range pen, it was just out in the open...and I thought that must have been an oops...lol!

That's what I'm hoping, I'm pretty sure that is what happened with the first egg I found in the Free range pen, it was just out in the open...and I thought that must have been an oops...lol!

I've had some oops eggs from my girls. And I think at least 1 of them was slower to learn than the others. :rolleyes:

I've had some oops eggs from my girls. And I think at least 1 of them was slower to learn than the others. :rolleyes:
This is only the second one I've found in the free range pen! My Welsummer laid 2 in the enclosed pen and one on the floor of the coop! Most of them have been in the nesting boxes...so I'm happy with that!

Back
Top Bottom