Our Mixed Flock Journey!

In memory of my 2 brothers...I miss them both so much! Left to right, my oldest brother Ralph, me & my older brother Elden! This was taken in the mid 70's! đź’ž

View attachment 2158741
This is a great pic!! Love it! Sooooo 70’s :cool:.... and that car:bow... what is it.. GTO? I was showing hubs.. sorry about your brothers...:hugs

This is a great pic!! Love it! Sooooo 70’s :cool:.... and that car:bow... what is it.. GTO? I was showing hubs.. sorry about your brothers...:hugs
Thank youđź’ž...they've been gone for over 30 years...crazy how time flies!

The car is a Plymouth Roadrunner, my mom & I were trying to remember what year, I was thinking 71, she was thinking 72! My dad loved muscle cars. We also had a 70 & a 72 RT Charger, a 67 & a 68 Dodge Coronet Convertible...wish I had just one of them...I love them too!

Last edited:

The car is a Plymouth Roadrunner, my mom & I were trying to remember what year, I was thinking 71, she was thinking 72! My dad loved muscle cars. We also had a 70 & a 72 RT Charger, a 67 & a 68 Dodge Coronet Convertible...wish I had just one of them...I love them too!
Oh, we love muscle cars too! Hubs had a Firebird when we dated.. I want a classic Camaro... or a Firebird...

I told hubs of all those cars and he was impressed! He loves all those... hard not to ;)

Well, I spent the whole day working outside in the chicken pen! We are getting ready to spread the grass seed! I decided that I needed a couple of chick pics, a picture of something I want to do and something I finally did! Lol

First Maggie & Little Roo...he's still my fave and he's doing so well!
Little Roo 5.27.2020.jpg

Madeleine, do any of you know what this little girl might be? She was supposed to be a French Black Copper Maran, but I'm not sure that she is!
What Breed 5.27.2020.jpg

What Breed  5.27.2020.jpg

I finally made a dust bath with diatomaceous earth! They haven't really started using it yet, but I'm hoping they will!
Dust Bath With diatomaceous earth 5.27.2020.jpg

These trellis posts are where we used to have our raspberries & Blackberries. We are going to possibly put raspberries on the set closest in the picture! For the other two, I'm thinking of a roost bar on one and a couple of swings on the other! I've seen swings for chickens, but I don't know if they would really use them!:idunno
Swing & Roost area 5.27.2020.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I spent the whole day working outside in the chicken pen! We are getting ready to spread the grass seed! I decided that I needed a couple of chick pics, a picture of something I want to do and something I finally did! Lol

First Maggie & Little Roo...he's still my fave and he's doing so well!
View attachment 2163944

Madeleine, do any of you know what this little girl might be? She was supposed to be a French Black Copper Maran, but I'm not sure that she is!
View attachment 2163948
View attachment 2163949

I finally made a dust bath with diatomaceous earth! They haven't really started using it yet, but I'm hoping they will!
View attachment 2163953

These trellis posts are where we used to have our raspberries & Blackberries. We are going to possibly put raspberries on the set closest in the picture! For the other two, I'm thinking of a roost bar on one and a couple of swings on the other! I've seen swings for chickens, but I don't know if they would really use them!:idunno
View attachment 2163955

Glad to hear Little Roo continues to do well Rene! I don't know what Madeleine is but she sure is pretty.

I tried a swing with the flock I had in Florida. They refused to get close to it but others have posted their chickens like a swing. So, guess it just depends :confused: You can always try one and see what your birds think.

Back
Top Bottom