Our Mixed Flock Journey!

We are getting ready to go to our youngest sons house to take care of their dogs while they are gone to a wedding for the weekend. I hate to leave in this hot weather, but my oldest son is here to check on our animals! He said he has a fan that we can probably wire up to go into the chicken house to circulate the air for them. I'm going to go look at it and see if my husband will wire it up an put it in for me, before we go!

One of my RIR girls laid this beautiful egg for me today, 59g/2oz! I placed it next to Penny's 35g egg from this morning!

View attachment 2268876
I keep a fan in the coop facing the roosting bars.. I’ll take a pic...
Nice eggs! My EEs lay some of my largest eggs.. definitely not my RIR.. hers are pretty small and NOT very often 😒

I keep a fan in the coop facing the roosting bars.. I’ll take a pic...
Nice eggs! My EEs lay some of my largest eggs.. definitely not my RIR.. hers are pretty small and NOT very often 😒
My son got the fan set up just as we were leaving, I didn't get a picture yet. I would love to see your setup. 💞
That's crazy about your RIR, they are supposed to lay really well, everyone is different! 😊

I messaged my oldest son to let him know that we wouldn't be home until tomorrow & asked him if he'd gotten many eggs. He said, a few! About an hour later he messaged me and told me that he was going to shoot my rooster. Evidently one of my hens keeps laying her eggs in the pen & he was picking it up, when Roo 2 decided to attack him. He left a pretty good cut on the back of his hand. This makes me really sad, I need to trust that my chickens aren't going to attack him as he is in charge of the animals while we are gone! I will see how he does when I get home, but we might not be able to keep him. :(

download.gif

I messaged my oldest son to let him know that we wouldn't be home until tomorrow & asked him if he'd gotten many eggs. He said, a few! About an hour later he messaged me and told me that he was going to shoot my rooster. Evidently one of my hens keeps laying her eggs in the pen & he was picking it up, when Roo 2 decided to attack him. He left a pretty good cut on the back of his hand. This makes me really sad, I need to trust that my chickens aren't going to attack him as he is in charge of the animals while we are gone! I will see how he does when I get home, but we might not be able to keep him. :(

Sorry about your son getting attacked Rene. That can hurt!

Aaaww.. bummer! That stinks... if he stays nice to you and is good to his ladies then maybe you could separate him just while yall are away... it may be worth it... that way your son won’t have deal with him.. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom