Our Mixed Flock Journey!

We had a very long day in town, didn't get home until 10:40! I went out to see how many eggs we had and brought in 4 today, new record! The largest one was broken :( . I ordered some nest liners, they should be here tomorrow! I'm pretty sure that these came from 2 Marans, 1 EE and 1 Welsummer!

62g, 53g, 43g & 37g
8.11.2020 62g, 53g, 43g, 37.jpg

We had a very long day in town, didn't get home until 10:40! I went out to see how many eggs we had and brought in 4 today, new record! The largest one was broken :( . I ordered some nest liners, they should be here tomorrow! I'm pretty sure that these came from 2 Marans, 1 EE and 1 Welsummer!

62g, 53g, 43g & 37g
View attachment 2286889

Your girls did a good job! :clap

Your girls did a good job! :clap
The count is slowly going up!!! :) I love being able to post the eggs that I'm bringing in daily, it's giving me a good record of how long it's taking for them to all to start laying!

Today's eggs! I hope these start to get bigger, my husband keeps teasing me about them being more like Banty eggs!

41g, 42g
8.12.2020 41g, 42g.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there yall! I just couldn’t resist getting me some Olive Eggers!
Meet Marcia, Jan, and Cindy :D..... sorry bad pics..View attachment 2287760View attachment 2287761
They are so adorable! I love my Sapphire Olive Egger, she's so sweet! The Brady Bunch girls, so creative! 💞

We will be thinning out our roosters :( (I don't need 6) & I'm giving a friend my Silkie hen...her little boy really wants one, so I know she will be loved! That will make room for 4-5 more hens, but I will probably wait until next spring. I'm hoping to buy some blue egg layers (hopefully Aracauna's), a couple more EE's & some meat birds.

Would love any suggestions on adding more color to my egg basket?😊

They are so adorable! I love my Sapphire Olive Egger, she's so sweet! The Brady Bunch girls, so creative! 💞

We will be thinning out our roosters :( (I don't need 6) & I'm giving a friend my Silkie hen...her little boy really wants one, so I know she will be loved! That will make room for 4-5 more hens, but I will probably wait until next spring. I'm hoping to buy some blue egg layers (hopefully Aracauna's), a couple more EE's & some meat birds.

The Silkie will be a nice treat for your friend's little boy. I like seeing kids get involved with animals, it teaches them so much.

My plan was to get more EEs next year.. but I saw these Olive Eggers and couldn’t pass them up.. I’ll still get more EEs next year but just not as many as I had planned. I want my flock to eventually be all EEs.. I guess some OEs mixed in would be okay as they are part EE.. I just find that the EEs are my best layers and no one has gone broody and they are not very big which is nice! Oh, also they are sweet and you can still tell them apart from one another as they all look different... plus colored eggs! There are just so many good things about them!
I think you pretty much have all the colors covered! The Marans, the BOs.. my BO lays a pinkish egg! And you have EEs and OEs.... How about just a regular brown layer and maybe a Leghorn for white :confused:... just some ideas...
And wow! 6 roosters?! 😳

The Silkie will be a nice treat for your friend's little boy. I like seeing kids get involved with animals, it teaches them so much.
I agree. She hasn't been handled very much, so I hope she will be a good pet for him. I told them I could always take her back, if it doesn't work out. I have a good feeling about it!

Back
Top Bottom