Our Mixed Flock Journey!

My plan was to get more EEs next year.. but I saw these Olive Eggers and couldn’t pass them up.. I’ll still get more EEs next year but just not as many as I had planned. I want my flock to eventually be all EEs.. I guess some OEs mixed in would be okay as they are part EE.. I just find that the EEs are my best layers and no one has gone broody and they are not very big which is nice! Oh, also they are sweet and you can still tell them apart from one another as they all look different... plus colored eggs! There are just so many good things about them!
I think you pretty much have all the colors covered! The Marans, the BOs.. my BO lays a pinkish egg! And you have EEs and OEs.... How about just a regular brown layer and maybe a Leghorn for white :confused:... just some ideas...
And wow! 6 roosters?! 😳
I think I'm getting some brown eggs from one of my RIR. I'm hoping for some with a pink color. I think my Salmon Faverolle will lay a tan egg & it might have a pink cast. I love the speckled egg that I just got from one of my Welsummer girls. I was hoping for blue from one of my EE's, so far I've only seen green. Thank you!

I think I'm getting some brown eggs from one of my RIR. I'm hoping for some with a pink color. I think my Salmon Faverolle will lay a tan egg & it might have a pink cast. I love the speckled egg that I just got from one of my Welsummer girls. I was hoping for blue from one of my EE's, so far I've only seen green. Thank you!

I get blue from my 3 cream legbars and my 1 sapphire. And of course you already know what the Welsummer gives. Next time I get chicks, I'd like to have one that lays white eggs (funny, never had a white egglayer).

100_0003.JPG

I get blue from my 3 cream legbars and my 1 sapphire. And of course you already know what the Welsummer gives. Next time I get chicks, I'd like to have one that lays white eggs (funny, never had a white egglayer).

View attachment 2288489
Those are so pretty Debby! I was also thinking of getting a cream legbar, maybe I should also get a white layer...then I will have the full spectrum...maybe a leghorn like WDC suggested!

Blue Andalusians give a white egg too and they're beautiful birds (not that leghorns aren't).
Beautiful...kind of reminds me of my Sapphire Olive Egger. So many choices! At least I don't have to make a decision right away! I'm hoping to get the chicks with the first hatch in the spring...if we're not traveling at that time!

Back
Top Bottom