Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I went out and checked on the flock and my FBCM hen seems to be back to normal...hopefully she stays that way! I will probably never know what was wrong...but that's okay as long as she's better now! I will continue to keep a close eye on her!
Glad she is better! Some of mine do this from time to time.. even some of the young ones it’ll happen to.. Claudine was sick one day when she was around six weeks.. and just a few weeks ago so was Marcia... they just stand around puffed up with their eyes closed half the time... I think they just have off days every now and then.

I went out to check on her several times today and at one point I found her in the nesting box! I went out a little later and found 3 eggs where she was sitting, 2 dark tan eggs and a white egg, but no chocolate colored egg! This is the 2nd white colored egg that I've gotten, but I have no idea who is laying it! :confused: I also saw her drinking some water...that was encouraging! The next time I went out, she was nestled down between the rabbit hutch and the enclosed pen! I hadn't seen her eat anything, so I grabbed some cracked corn and scattered it for everyone, she got up and came over...she still wasn't going after it, so I sprinkled a couple of larger piles next to her and she finally started to eat some! I'm hoping that she is coming out of whatever was bothering her this morning and that she will show more improvement tomorrow!

Today's eggs, you can see the white one on the right side!
View attachment 2352425

These are the eggs from the 26th, two days ago. The other white egg is on the left hand side.
View attachment 2352426
Your eggs are really beautiful! I just love our chickens eggs 😍

Glad she is better! Some of mine do this from time to time.. even some of the young ones it’ll happen to.. Claudine was sick one day when she was around six weeks.. and just a few weeks ago so was Marcia... they just stand around puffed up with their eyes closed half the time... I think they just have off days every now and then.
Thank you! It's always so worrisome, because looking at them is the only thing we have to go off of! I'm glad that yours are doing well! 💞

I went out at 3:30 to gather eggs & this is what I found...my broody girl & 4 others in the nesting boxes, with two waiting on the sidelines for their turn...💞 @Riv-6 this is why you might need to add another box or two...lol!

View attachment 2355069

Looks like a traffic snarl during rush hour :gig

Back
Top Bottom