Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Hi everyone! I finally have a chance to sit down and say hello. We've been making a huge push trying to get caught up on the things that got pushed to the side, inside and outside during the remodel. We want to try and have everything in order before we start to travel. We have several trips coming up, starting week after next and not ending until November! Hopefully I will have some more time to respond to all of your threads tomorrow!

Before I go...I have another picture to share. My husband came in and pulled me away from my work this morning, telling me to bring my camera! We had a very beautiful visitor. He was very skittish and I couldn't get very close to him, so the picture is not very good! Have a great night everyone! 💞

View attachment 2775964
Oh my gosh! That’s so awesome!! I would love to see that in my yard!
Hope you have a nice evening 💕❤️

Hi everyone! I finally have a chance to sit down and say hello. We've been making a huge push trying to get caught up on the things that got pushed to the side, inside and outside during the remodel. We want to try and have everything in order before we start to travel. We have several trips coming up, starting week after next and not ending until November! Hopefully I will have some more time to respond to all of your threads tomorrow!

Before I go...I have another picture to share. My husband came in and pulled me away from my work this morning, telling me to bring my camera! We had a very beautiful visitor. He was very skittish and I couldn't get very close to him, so the picture is not very good! Have a great night everyone! 💞

View attachment 2775964
Beautiful. 🥰

Oh my gosh! That’s so awesome!! I would love to see that in my yard!
Hope you have a nice evening 💕❤️
I know it was pretty cool. Hubs was trying to herd it toward the chicken pen...it wasn't interested in what he wanted...:gig
Thank you! 💞 It was a long day & I'm tired, but it was very productive! I should be heading to bed in about 20 minutes...waiting on some laundry.

I just wish I had a better camera, I've always wanted one, but it was never in the budget! Oh well, I'll take what I can get! 😊
Cameras, and technology;; what was a great camera a few years ago is only soso now. Comparatively to what is out there now. I have a few in the drawer now,,,,,, and use my phone to take most pix now. :thumbsup
The images are surprisingly nice, and clear, and usually focused,,(if my arms/hands don't move).:old:gig and the files are large, (in pixels) so enlargements do come out well.
I know the advantages with the SLR cameras. Neat things that a phone camera will not accomplish.
My SLR cameras are Ole Skool chemical film type. ,,,,, collecting dust:gig

I know it was pretty cool. Hubs was trying to herd it toward the chicken pen...it wasn't interested in what he wanted...:gig
Thank you! 💞 It was a long day & I'm tired, but it was very productive! I should be heading to bed in about 20 minutes...waiting on some laundry.
That’s exactly what I would’ve done!🤣

Cameras, and technology;; what was a great camera a few years ago is only soso now. Comparatively to what is out there now. I have a few in the drawer now,,,,,, and use my phone to take most pix now. :thumbsup
The images are surprisingly nice, and clear, and usually focused,,(if my arms/hands don't move).:old:gig and the files are large, (in pixels) so enlargements do come out well.
I know the advantages with the SLR cameras. Neat things that a phone camera will not accomplish.
My SLR cameras are Ole Skool chemical film type. ,,,,, collecting dust:gig
I have a few old cameras, they were never the best at the time & my current phone camera is better than any of them. It just doesn't zoom in the way I would like it to. I know...I need a better phone...:celebrateI don't think hubs would agree...:gig

That’s exactly what I would’ve done!🤣
Sorry about the late reply. I've been so busy and we still have so much to get done.
The Peacock is still in our yard. I was heading out to the chicken pen yesterday & I kind of forgot about him...all of a sudden I heard a very loud sound...made me jump. :gig My husband saw him roosting in our willow tree this morning. So we decided to put some food out for him and we filled one of our animal troughs with water. It's going to be 105-106 the next couple of days & we wanted to make sure he stays healthy. His tail feathers are a bit ragged, so we think he must've had a run in with some dogs at some point before he found refuge in our yard. I went out tonight & he was back up in the tree. He's super alert & very skittish, so we are slowly trying to get him used to our presence.
20210729_191417.jpg
20210729_191410.jpg

I'm having a bit of a quandary. I don't know what to do about my roosters. They have totally taken the feathers off of the back of several of my girls. At least I'm assuming it's the roosters. I'm worried about how my girls will do over winter without back feathers & I don't know if chicken saddles will help. I haven't been able to find any place to rehome the roos and I don't want to process them. I'm actually feeling quite depressed about it & I still haven't had time to just go out and sit with them to figure out exactly what's going on. 😢

In terms of your peacock,,,,, I never had one, and have limited knowledge about them,,,,,,,,,,, But have heard that they have a homing instinct. That being said,,, he is definitely lost beyond finding his home. Peacocks are also faster than an average human trying to catch one.
Just provide feed and water for him,,,, and he will return the 💞💕❤️ by staying and being your pet.:hugs Homeset to your Hacienda. :thumbsup
You may look into ,,,,, if anyone nearby lost one. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom