Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Just keep handling them every day and of course treats as bribes are always a good idea! ;)💞
They got loose yesterday and were out in the big yard with everyone. (The new automated door opened when I thought I had set it not to. User error)

Well of course at dusk they had no idea how to get home so I had to help them. They immediately decided I was the same as home.

They got loose yesterday and were out in the big yard with everyone. (The new automated door opened when I thought I had set it not to. User error)

Well of course at dusk they had no idea how to get home so I had to help them. They immediately decided I was the same as home.

That's so sweet! You are their safe place! They are just so cute!💞💞💞

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. We were caught in the Southwest airlines debacle last week. They canceled our flight home on Saturday & we didn't get home until 4am on Tuesday. They did find us a hotel & pay for the extra two nights. Good thing we're retired. We enjoyed our extra time in Florida. We went on a dolphin excursion. I'm slowly going through my pictures picking out what to share. We have once again been crazy busy since getting back home. We've been cutting down our poplar trees, it is a huge job & I'm wiped out. Our son and his family didn't get home until Wednesday, it was pretty crazy.
The flock is happy and healthy. I placed an ad for the rabbits & sold them the day after. The people that bought them have 3 children. They will be living in their barn and will each have about an 8'x8' space to call home. The Peacock is still happy running around the yard. Dale said he saw him go into the old chicken pen, so we will be moving his food into that space. We need to set up a roost in there for him & put up some metal roofing that we have to help protect him from the cold weather. Hopefully he will use it!
I will get back & share some pictures...soon I hope. Got to go back to work now! Have a good week! 💞

Each tree has 2-3 major sections to be cut out. We are cutting down the ones that are leaning towards our house first...the sections leaning towards our barn area will be a little trickier. The trees are close to 90' tall. We've burned a lot of it, cut up some for our wood stove & the really large stuff we left as logs. I put out an ad offering them for free to anyone that wants them. If that doesn't happen we can take them to the orchard burn pit where my son works.
20211017_162542.jpg
20211017_154938.jpg
20211017_154949.jpg
20211015_160002.jpg

A hawk spotted my little ladies fre ranging 2 days ago and attacked the twice today. I was certain I had lost one in the morning attack. I was there for the second atrack and aided in the hawk aborting it.

This is where the hawk was.

20211020_093704.jpg

My two babies were warned and hid. Can you find them?
20211020_093656.jpg

20211020_103828.jpg

Luckily they blend in really well. They are now locked into the coop and run.

Here they are on their roost from the other day. Safe in the coop.

20211019_091432.jpg

A hawk spotted my little ladies fre ranging 2 days ago and attacked the twice today. I was certain I had lost one in the morning attack. I was there for the second atrack and aided in the hawk aborting it.

This is where the hawk was.

View attachment 2872591

My two babies were warned and hid. Can you find them?
View attachment 2872593

Luckily they blend in really well. They are now locked into the coop and run.

Here they are on their roost from the other day. Safe in the coop.

View attachment 2872817
How scary Bob! I'm so glad that they are safe. Smart girls knowing they should hide!💞

Back
Top Bottom