Our new coop and run

Sam Knight

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2017
We finished our coop and run finally with the exception of adding some plexiglass windows that can be shut for the colder months. I figure I have a little time since it is in the low to mid 90's here during the day. I have to say thanks you to the Backyard Chickens members for the inspiration for my design. Especially to makers of "The Palace Chicken Coop" and "Wichita Cabin Coop". We started off with 6 young chickens and a Tractor Supply chicken coop. Once we got it assembled, I realized how much I hated it and needed a bigger, much sturdier coop for the girls. After much research on this site mostly, I built this coop, dubbed "Knight's Coop". Not as good as some on here but the girls seem to like it. The overall coop size is 12x8 with a coop size of 4x8 with 3 nesting boxes. Again, thank you so much for sharing your coop design and builds for everyone. It is a great help.
Chickencoop1.jpg
Chickencoop2.jpg

We finished our coop and run finally with the exception of adding some plexiglass windows that can be shut for the colder months. I figure I have a little time since it is in the low to mid 90's here during the day. I have to say thanks you to the Backyard Chickens members for the inspiration for my design. Especially to makers of "The Palace Chicken Coop" and "Wichita Cabin Coop". We started off with 6 young chickens and a Tractor Supply chicken coop. Once we got it assembled, I realized how much I hated it and needed a bigger, much sturdier coop for the girls. After much research on this site mostly, I built this coop, dubbed "Knight's Coop". Not as good as some on here but the girls seem to like it. The overall coop size is 12x8 with a coop size of 4x8 with 3 nesting boxes. Again, thank you so much for sharing your coop design and builds for everyone. It is a great help.View attachment 1087652 View attachment 1087653
Ok so makes me laugh looking at the store bout coop and the custom made coop nice upgrade looks great

I get it! We have a modified, greatly modified commercial coop as well as a mobile run. Looking forward to the cold season, the girls need something better. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom