Our New Friends

If you bugies started off on seeds they need to be slowly adjusted to pellets otherwise they will starve themselves. Did the breeder have them on pellets or seeds?
They had them on seeds, don't think it's commonplace in the UK to feed them pellets. They are loving the pellets so far, I am not convinced I will be able to keep them on this diet though, £20/kg is crazy.

Cage FINALLY came, only three days after it was meant to!
20221109_193005.jpg

All set up, we have pellets, a few seeds, clean water, grit, cuttlefish bone, fresh veggies, toys, perches, swing and a couple of hanging teddies donated from bubba who doesn't play with them anymore. All organised nicely in reused baby milk tins (they seal very well), and using puppy pads in the drawer to collect the poop.
20221109_193016.jpg

They are free to leave/enter the cage whenever they wish for about 6-8 hours of the day and are already becoming rather tame. Little lady is struggling to get any air so I've built an improvised ladder for her to get in and out with, seems to be working well for her so far! I feel so sorry that her fella will encourage her to fly but she just can't!
20221109_204610.jpg

Still no names.. we don't seem to be making progress there so any suggestions would be fab. We want "couples" names which are short, sweet and we like basically lol. Thank you for your comments so far, very helpful and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom