Our new goslings *pics added*

froggie71

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Shamong, NJ
After the upseting loss of our baby Sebbie and having 1 lone sebbie I decided to looking for another gosling to keep our loner company. I found BYC member Willjg who was looking to rehome some of his goslings. So the family took the almost hour drive to meet him and see his addiction.
lol.png
We brought home 2 Embden goslings. A male and female and they seemed really scared at first, but once home and running around the back yard, they fit right in. They had a dip in the kiddie pool, were talking to us and were even following us around. The 2 of them never left each others side, but did hang out a bit with the sebbie. I'm hoping the 3 of them will become great buddies.
Pics tomorrow as we were busy building another coop today and didn't stop to take pictures yet.

*It was great meeting you Bill. Thanks for the tour of your place and for the eggs that should go into the bator tonight. I'll let you know what happens.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Thank you! We've not had geese before and I wasn't sure I wanted to get into geese, but I must say these guys are just so adorable!
love.gif
There are still times I see the sebbie hanging out by him/herself, but then I also find the 3 goslings together as well.

Here is our lone Sebbie that we've had for a week now.
DSC00677.jpg

The 2 newbies
DSC00674.jpg

The trio.
DSC00681.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

Last edited:
These babies are so fun to watch. I would say they have definitely bonded. The 3 of them are almost always together or with our 3 Pekins and our BEI. I love seeing them run across the yard with wings outstretched. I even believe I heard a "honk" yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom