Our new home in Okinawa, Japan- **PICS**

Quote:
Even though that was wayyyyyy before my time, I know a lot has changed since then. Its not really too bad, just a big adjustment in lifestyle than what we have been used to in the last 6 yrs. The island is nice and there is lots to do and explore. This is our second time here and some things are easier because of that.

Quote:
Hay! My dad too, WWII vet. Not a pleasent place. I think we eventually got them w the bomb. My mom lost a cousin on the ship that was carring the bomb, it was a secret mission and on their way back they got in to trouble and the ship went down and sharks ate most of the crew. I know the name of the ship just can't spell it.

We may have bombed okinawa with convention bombs but the A bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki . My father was stationed on Iwo Jima during that time.

Quote:
Hay! My dad too, WWII vet. Not a pleasent place. I think we eventually got them w the bomb. My mom lost a cousin on the ship that was carring the bomb, it was a secret mission and on their way back they got in to trouble and the ship went down and sharks ate most of the crew. I know the name of the ship just can't spell it.

Are you talking about the USS Indianapolis?

Wow - what a great experience you and the kids are getting! I don't know much about Japan, but I do know that there is a sea snail called a "Cone" that is VERY poisonous and if picked up it shoots out a venomous harpoon-like spear. Some species are more venomous than others, but there are some some that are lethal to humans. The shells are very pretty, so you will have to teach your kids about picking them up. I read something years ago about cones, but could not remember everything, so I googled "Okinawa cone snail". There is a great article that has lots of info and pics. Enjoy Japan and we would like to see lots more pics!

Lisa
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom