Our newest addition to the family...

I totally agree, I wish dogs lived as long as people. But then the world would be even more over populated by them I suppose.

I think some men are just immune to cuteness lol.

I had Bandit for 10 yrs. Rescued him from the pound and over the years he became my shadow and protector. I really missed that when it was gone. I can only hope one of my dogs fills that void somewhat.

Last edited:
Sunangel -- I hope that new puppy is the dog you long for. Seven years ago we had to have our dog put down. He was just old. It took me two years of feeling lost and depressed before I figured out I needed another. Oliver came into our lives and I totally understand your comment about your shadow and protector. He's mine. Always with me. Always watching.

We live in rural North Idaho. Yesterday Oliver and I were out working in the yard, preparing for winter. He usually positions himself so he can keep an eye on things. Suddenly, he took off up the road and when I glanced up I thought it was a neighbor's Newfoundland coming down our dirt road for a visit. Wrong! It was a bear. Oliver confronted it, barking wildly. The bear stood up on its hind legs, finally backed up and climbed a tree. At that point, Oliver was satisfied and came back to me. I grabbed him by the collar and we both went back in the house.

Thank goodness we were both safe. My husband teases that he's my bodyguard and he definitely proved that yesterday. As you said, he's my shadow and protector.

Here's to your new pup!!! Hope he's a good one. Enjoy!

Michele.

12178_img_0108.jpg

We just got a 10 week old Great pyranese puppy last week...Kept if hidden from hubby for a few hours until our youngest daughter said "daddy promise you won't get mad, we got a ................" and just as she said that the phone rang...I was never so happy in my life as I was at that moment when the phone rang. So anyway the girls are going on telling hubby about this puppy while I am on the phone, he is shooting me looks of anger then the girls bring the puppy in the house and set him on hubbys lap. He was hooked from that moment on..
Our last dog followed us home and we hid him from hubby for about 3 hours until he looked outside and seen this HUGE black blob sitting in the yard. Another time I was at work and someone brought in Free puppies, well I took one and tied about a dozen hellium balloons on her collar and sent her out to hubby like that when he came to pick me up..(she was jet black and our oldest daughter-who was 2 at the time- named her "Rainbow").
Hubby tries so hard to be tough and macho about not wanting animals, but he really is a softy when it comes right down to it...That's why I blame him for all our animals....Not that I helped in anyway shape or form...No way not me...hhahahaha
lau.gif
(heck he doesn't even notice most of the time if a new animal just shows up) we have 4 new rabbits and 2 new chickens I brought back from Waverly Iowa and he STILL HASN'T NOTICED THEM!!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif

Sorry to hi-jack you post...Back on track now....

Your puppy is very very cute...Must resist the urge to look anymore...
I am sure being this young you will beable to work with her alot to get her used to the chickens. Sorry about Bandit Iknow how hard it is to lose an animal no matter how the loss took place..

Your new four legged furbaby is precious!! Lots of hugs and kisses on the head from Auntie Vandrie in Virginia.
smile.png

This is my sweetpea, Sara (and her blankie... the big baby!)...
16101_sara_baby.jpg

I get to totally blame hubby for this dog and our Chihuahua (his mom talked him into us taking it), the other two are strictly my fault and ironically the two we paid for lol. Hmmm wonder how come his animals are always free and I have to buy mine, so unfair!

I am sure I will love this little girl as soon as I get over the anxiety of having 4 dogs!! Yikes!

Sara is sooo pretty! I wont show her pic to DH though because thats the kind of dog he has always wanted!

Shawna, DH was checking out BYC and came across the Great Pyr. thread, saw the pics and what everyone had to say about them. I think if he could find one, we would have one of those also!!

I am beginning to think he is a big enabler!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom