Our newest addition to the family...

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
Meet Shelby (family wanted a different name lol) our 7 week old Black Lab/Coonhound mix
big_smile.png
A woman that comes into DH's work told him he could have pick of the litter, so he went after work last night and picked this cute lil girl. We needed another dog like a hole in the head, but hubby couldn't pass up the free price tag! (We already have a Golden Retriever, Pomapoo and a Chihuahua)

Pic_02Oct152008.jpg

Pic_04Oct152008.jpg

Not sure how good of a chicken dog she will be, seeing as she was already standing up against the wall of chicken run and whining to get in lol.

The gang was just as curious about the little black furball wandering around outside their territory lol.

Pic_03Oct152008.jpg

Last edited:
We have coon dogs and a black lab,,,and they are very good with our chickens. In fact,,,,they sleep out side the run,,right up against it,,,and the chickens peck them through the fence!!! The dogs seem to love it,,,,plus they keep all the varmits away from the area,,,,great guards of the flock,,,,,
D.gif
D.gif
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Oh, thats awesome! Maybe there is some hope for her then. Thanks!

Our other dogs just view the chickens as something to chase, no luck getting them to think otherwise.

Thanks
smile.png

She is a sweetie and only woke me up 3 times last night lol. Just when I finally have the Golden Ret. sleeping til 6am too! We are gluttons for punishment, but who can resist cute lil puppy eyes!

It is all in their eyes,,,,,thats for sure,,,,so much trust,,,and love,,,and all they want from us is kind words,,,and a soft touch,,,yeah,,,,having puppy fever over here!!!
love.gif
ya.gif

Awww!

Usually my husband can too, which is what makes this sort of weird. He saw 2 of the puppies the woman had with her and held one. Called me after she left asking me if I wanted a puppy. He is not much of a dog person, so it was odd of him to tempt me like that.

What makes it even odder is that exactly 1 year ago, I had to put my dog (and most treasured pet) Bandit to sleep, due to going blind from glaucoma. It broke my heart (his collar still hangs on my rear view mirror) and my DH bought me the Golden Ret. to help ease the pain. Replacing a lost pet never works, don't know why I did it. Hes a sweet dog, but nothing like Bandit. Now all of a sudden out of the blue, the same month I lost Bandit (but one year later), up pops this woman with an all black puppy, offering it to my husband for free! How do you pass up something like that?

Here is a pic of Bandit.
bandit.jpg

I try not to think about the fact that dogs wont last forever...if there was a breed that lived 70 yrs i would get one for sure!
At least you had bandit for a while and he knew you loved him!
The pup is aweful cute! I was gonna get a hound/lab puppy to do search and rescue, the guy had two girls left to choose from and one wouldn't stay out of my lap, but hubby said we weren't ready for another dog
sad.png
How do hubbys resist puppy eyes so easily???

Back
Top Bottom