Our newest addition.

jen_1122

Chirping
8 Years
May 22, 2011

So we had to let one of our Easter eggers go do to a bad attitude towards her fellow hens :( So, my husband took her to her new home with lots of other chickens and more space if she didn't get along with the others. she seemed to like the space :) Yay. But anyways, (being the man he is) he hated the fact that I had to give her up. He saw that his friends had some other chicks and they were looking to re home a few as well. And here "she" is. About 2-3 months old. We are hoping for a girl. Not sure what breed. I've looked at some silky (I think that's what I read) pics and they resemble them to me (to my untrained eye, lol). Was wondering what you guys thought. I think "she" is a real beauty. (Crossing fingers, knocking on wood and praying for a girl, she still has a home if she turns out to be a he though) Thank you. :)

Definately looks like a silkie, I'm by no means an expert but I'm going to guess at pullet. I'm sure somebody with more experience will give you a batter idea x

It's a silkie with light skin. Shouldn't have light skin like that, but it fits this little one. It's also a splash in colour (at least appears to be.. if it has any orange coming in - not splash).

Picture doesn't tell me either way on gender. Can I see the comb? With the light skin, it should be easier to tell gender. Comb will look red and raised if a boy, next to nothing and pale for a girl at this age.

it's splash in color. does it have 5 toes and feathered legs as well...it is silkied feathered and could just be an off silkie...leaning towards pullet from what i can see

So I was finally able to get some different angles. She is a bit shy. But, hope these help. She's eating like a champ now and exploring her domain, walks up to the fence to see the other chickens.

My husband was getting ready to work in the garage and I hit him up to get a few shots before he did and he was already gloved up, lol.
But, thanks everyone for your help. So, the light skin is not common for these guys??

Back
Top Bottom